Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

T/C ProHunter

Old 01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Spike

Default T/C ProHunter

I read in a post below where some are not so happy with there tc prohunter. I am interested in purchasing a black synthetic stainless 243 prohunter, would I be happy or should I look at another brand of single shot? Originally I had heard good reviews on them and I see very few used for sale? How do people like them that have them?
thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I had a SS pro-hunter in .223 for varmint hunting and sold it this spring, only reason was that it was a pain in the *ss, (follow up shots) getting up to break it open to reload. But it shot well, under .4" My dad has a blued encore with a walnut stock in .308 win, he likes it alot. He bought a varmint contour 24" barrel and it groups under a 1" and is way shorter and is lighter than his bolt gun, even with the heavy barrel on it.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

love mine....i have a 50cal ml barrel, 7mm-08 barrel for gun season, and a 22lr barrel for plinking and small game. I like shooting the same gun all the time, love the trigger on my tc, and also the ability to pack it all up and go somewhere and have a gun to suit all my needs (going to get a shotgun barrel next and then it will truly be one gun for all seasons).
Old 01-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Fork Horn

love mine, have a 50. cal. muzzleloader bbl and a .280 rem., definetely one shot rifles, they are cumbersome to relaod, the ejector does nor eject the cartridge only pull it out to where you can get a hold of it.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 AM
Typical Buck

I bought one in blackpowder for my wife to start hunting with me. I got the SS w/ camo stock. I really like it. I plan to get a .243 barrel for it in the next year or two and maybe the turkey barrel.

I have seen threads on here with people complaining about them, many seem to just be upset by the price. They are expensive, but by the time you buy extra barrels, they are less expensive than buying whole guns.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have a SS ProHunter in 35 whelen I love it. Like stated above the biggest complaints I hear seems to be with the price and with them having an extractor instead of a ejector.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had an Encore when they first came out in 7-08. Yeah the $ was pretty steep but I figured I could change barrels for more versatility. Well that rifle when back to T/C twice for problems getting it to fire some factory loads and handloads. And the accuracy was horrible. The best I could do was about 2 1/2" @ 100. I traded that rifle in post haste and got me a Browning Micro Hunter in the same chambering.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Spike

I do not own a TC Prohunter but am currently looking into one and just had a few additional questions to those that were already asked.

How easy is it changing the barrel and forend? How difficult is it to change the gun to pistol and is it worth it?

Thanks for your help...
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Spike

tact driver !
Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by buckinbowhunter
I do not own a TC Prohunter but am currently looking into one and just had a few additional questions to those that were already asked.

How easy is it changing the barrel and forend? How difficult is it to change the gun to pistol and is it worth it?

Thanks for your help...

Barrel changes are easy. Changing rifle to pistol and back brings up legal issues. Would be easy to do but if caught could be trouble. Say you are changing pistol to rifle and change the stock first you have a short barreled rifle until you change the barrel. I think it is illegal to change a pistol to a rifle anyway. Odds of getting caught are very low but I have seen some pretty lengthy arguments over this before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.