Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Win 70 classic bad barrel >

Win 70 classic bad barrel

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Win 70 classic bad barrel

Old 09-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well it shoots good for about 30 shots right? What type of moose do you hunt that you have to shoot 30+ times to take one down?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pioneer2
I have a NIB .338 in SS Classic model 70 that shoots good under MOA for about 30 shots then copper fouls so bad they're barely on a plate.The gunsmith took a peak with a bore scope and there are chatter marks from the rifling being cut from the factory.Will have to try firelapping the bore {NECO] as Winchester a multi-million dollar company doesn't have export permits to send my gun back to Canada!And they didn't have the foresight to have a Warranty repair Gunsmith here either!
How did they get the gun to Canada in the first place?.....

Winchester rifling isn't cut....it's hammer forged.....

Frankly I read nothing but BS in your post and no credibility is given to anything else you have said!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Now I know how a proctologist feels after a busy day.Tired of dealing with a$$holes.Never mind Iv;e only been hunting /shooting/collecting for 45 + years you obviously are too arrogant to be civil...................I'm done here..............my accuracy standard is MOA or less with a bolt gun or it's sold.........and I've likely shot more moose than you've seen..............
Old 09-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pioneer2
Now I know how a proctologist feels after a busy day.Tired of dealing with a$$holes.Never mind Iv;e only been hunting /shooting/collecting for 45 + years you obviously are too arrogant to be civil...................I'm done here..............my accuracy standard is MOA or less with a bolt gun or it's sold.........and I've likely shot more moose than you've seen..............
You come here bitching and maligning Winchester and nothing to support it.....at least nothing of substance! Now your justification is that you have shot more moose than I have and shoot MOA.....It's hard to connect those dots. No....impossible.....you're irrational!

I'll bet you think this is all Bush's fault too!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Vapodog
You come here bitching and maligning Winchester and nothing to support it.....at least nothing of substance! Now your justification is that you have shot more moose than I have and shoot MOA.....It's hard to connect those dots. No....impossible.....you're irrational!

I'll bet you think this is all Bush's fault too!!!!!
While I sorta agree with you, I do find it comical, you seem to always go to this GW Bush thing or obama thing.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Perhaps he has limited resources?As a right wing Conservative ,I liked both of the Bush Administrations? I'd be more concerned about what you have in office now.When I spend a grand on a rifle I don't think I should be needing to putting additional cash into it when it's obvious with a borescope that the bore is rough and is copper fouling.I'll firelap ,going slowly as to not overdo it.If I end up rebarreling.....oh well.....It will be a maker that backs their barrels...........
Old 09-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
you seem to always go to this GW Bush thing or obama thing.
Simply a way to make an analogy of irrationality!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Vapodog
How did they get the gun to Canada in the first place?.....

Winchester rifling isn't cut....it's hammer forged.....

Frankly I read nothing but BS in your post and no credibility is given to anything else you have said!
the guns can be shipped here easily under large commercial shipments, single shipments to private citizens without the proper paperwork can be hard to get past our border customs. even shiping scopes can be tricky if you arent "authorized". if you are thinking this is bs, your not the only one trust me.

all production barrels are cut at one point or another, even hammer forged and button rifled barrels. if they are left rough, the mandrel or button die will not fix the problem across the lands, although the process does take some of the roughness out. if you have looked down any new production barrel that hasnt been lapped you will see what im talking about. another problem can be that if loose chips and dust is left in the barrel, it will ruin the mandrel and the chips will be embedded in the lands and grooves.

Last edited by dylan_b; 10-03-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

Finally, someone with some grey matter!