Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Marlin XS7 .308 Win Range Report - photo's >

Marlin XS7 .308 Win Range Report - photo's

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Marlin XS7 .308 Win Range Report - photo's

Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by kyswitchback
SD, have you got a pic of you xl7 with the Boyds on it?? I'm thinking about getting one as well.

Btw, good shooting Silver Wolf.
I didnt have any and was going to take some but looks like okie beat me to the punch. mine looks just like that without the bipod. Top quality stock too. I love that gun.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Looks good. I'm curious as to what you paid for this outfit vs. my Savage 111 w/Nikon 3-9x from Dick's for $499 this year?

I purchased the Savage because of it's incredible reviews it's been getting.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo6559
Looks good. I'm curious as to what you paid for this outfit vs. my Savage 111 w/Nikon 3-9x from Dick's for $499 this year?

I purchased the Savage because of it's incredible reviews it's been getting.
i cannot speak for what he bought even though this is an old thread i might as well have some input. I purchased a Marlin XL7 .270 with a synthetic stock and blued barrel a want to say about 3 years ago. I payed $300-350 for the bare gun and put a $100 bushnell on it. For the price its hard to beat. Like he said the trigger is amazing for how much the gun is. It will shoot 1" and under groups at 100 yards all day with 150gr rem corelokts. I also think the recoil pad is nice, supple and soft on the shoulder.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son just bought two XL-7S's, one in 25-06, the other in 30-06. I believe he said they were $359 each in NC. They seem to be very nice rifles. He has not mounted scopes or shot them yet. Maybe I should have had him get one for me. Is that the same gun that started this thread?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like he got a good deal... I would take one in 30-06 too! Is it the camo version?
Old 06-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, they were not camo. He bought the 30-06 for himself and called me to ask if I wanted one. I have a 30-06 that I like, but I had him get the 25-06 for me to raffle for a fund raiser. By the time he drove from NC to MO, the gun grew on him so I told him to keep it if he wanted it, I could find something else to raffle. They were $359 each if I remember right. With five percent off for a military discount and adding on taxes, they were just under $366 out the door. If these things are as accurate as those holes in the targets above, I may try to talk him out of one yet. They are nice looking stainless, a dark colored synthetic stock with a recoil pad built in. Adjustable trigger, sling bases and no sights. They do have a scope rail on top of them. This place only had the 25-06 and the 30-06.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another kudo for the Ziess Conquest. My opinion is that it is one of the best values on the scope market right now.