Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Do not buy rem. Model 770 >

Do not buy rem. Model 770

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Do not buy rem. Model 770

Old 03-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by westtexducks
I emailed rem. and have not gotten word back. Will call sometime this week. Oh and to the guy that said that nothing is wrong with the rem. 770 and it is solid look at all of your bolt guns and tell me how many bolt handles are press fitted on with glue to hold it there. NONE of mine do except this one. I did not buy this rifle it was given to me by my dad when he upgrade to a winchester after he realized it was a piece of junk.
Dang! Pop's must not like you much.... J/K
Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kin66847
the people paid more attention to louboutin shoes the you drive in a good room or louboutin even mobile phones have also become manolo blahnik shoes bad sign. we have to introduce ysl shoes. regardless of the poor to the jimmy choo shoes rich.
X2!, well said!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

And he's zapped.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Risasi
The original 870 Express wasn't bad. I mean, it's still crap, just decent crap. Then they cheapened it even more, and made the fit and finish even worse. 700's have a history being good. All the others are bait and switch like the OP situation. Those knuckleheads have the most popular rifle ever built and manage to screw up. Their custom shop is pathetic.

Pretty bad when 99% of the gunsmiths can take YOUR parts a build a better gun. You'd think with all the free research and development (meaning available custom rifles) they might learn something.
Theres absolutely nothin wrong with an 870. They are a moderate priced quality piece of equipment for the working man. In these times we are gonna see things get cheaper and cheaper anyway. The 870 wasnt made to be pretty more like ruggedly handsome. Ive owned two and they are virtually indestructible plus great shooters.

BTW let me guess you own a Benelli?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

I emailed rem. and have not gotten word back. Will call sometime this week. Oh and to the guy that said that nothing is wrong with the rem. 770 and it is solid look at all of your bolt guns and tell me how many bolt handles are press fitted on with glue to hold it there. NONE of mine do except this one. I did not buy this rifle it was given to me by my dad when he upgrade to a winchester after he realized it was a piece of junk.

Trade it for a Winchester, or a Savage.
I like Savage better any way.

JMHO
Old 04-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Spike

westtexducks, i have a model 770 in 30-06. the exact same thing happend to me. i shipped the gun to remington and they fixed it under warrenty. when it came back it was a completely different gun. Bolt was smooth and the trigger was crisp and smooth pull. for all those guys bad mouthing remington all i can say is take your fancy expensive guns that are so much better and put your oney on the table. With my 770 in 243 or 3006 will put 5 factory loads through one hole at 100 yards any day anywhere. Good Luck
Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Spike

Default Rem 770

I bought one for my son at Walmart about a year ago & took it to the range,on the second shot the trigger guard broke right off.I had Remington replace the whole stock, since is all one piece, then I sold it.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by andrew_firefighter
westtexducks, i have a model 770 in 30-06. the exact same thing happend to me. i shipped the gun to remington and they fixed it under warrenty. when it came back it was a completely different gun. Bolt was smooth and the trigger was crisp and smooth pull. for all those guys bad mouthing remington all i can say is take your fancy expensive guns that are so much better and put your oney on the table. With my 770 in 243 or 3006 will put 5 factory loads through one hole at 100 yards any day anywhere. Good Luck
I'll bet you can. Especially if the hole is 12" in diameter.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by andrew_firefighter
And... you still have a piece of garbage.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, the 770's don't even make good boat paddles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.