Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Taurus 709 slim

Old 02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default Taurus 709 slim

Bought a Taurus 709 slim this week and am pleased so far. It is very concealable at just 19 oz and less than an inch thick. Ran about 60 rounds through it yesterday. NO ftf or fte. Recoil was not bad and accuracy was acceptable for the first time out at 8-10 yds., around 4" for 5 shot groups with umc, nato, magtech, and some unknown hp's I had in a box. Trigger pull is long, but crisp. It shot about 3" left and 4" low out the box, but sight adjustments corrected that.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one last week with the stainless slide, ran 4 clips through it and really like it. I think it is going to be a great ccw. Just out of curosity okgobbler, what price did you get yours for? I paid $359 + tax for mine.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

I paid $330 for blued version. It had been fired at the range once. I know the guy at the gun shop and he said the guy bought 3 different models, went and fired them and brought 2 back. Their price on new ones was $369 blued and $399 ss.