Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
multi gun shoot out review >

multi gun shoot out review

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

multi gun shoot out review

Old 09-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Talking multi gun shoot out review

my dad and younger brother came out here to the state of Washington this past week and we went to an indoor pistol range. we were there 4 hours and fired the Ruger LCR (.38), some S&W revolver in .357 mag, Ruger SR9 (9mm), Sig 239 ..i believe in 9mm, H&K usp in 9mm, a kimber 1911, Ruger redhawk in 44 mag, MY raging bull in 454 casull and to finish it up we each shot 2 rounds of the S&W500 out of the 8" monster.
we shot
50 rounds of .38
50 of .357
100 of 9mm
50 of 45 ACP
50 of 44 mag
20+ of 454 casull
and 2 each of the 500 S&W

all worked well, no misfeeds or malfunctions.

LCR was very inaccurate in my hands but my brother seemed to do fine with it. very small and light gun. perfect for something to carry in your pocket.

the Sig was terrible in all our hands. probably the barrel was just worn out. love the design and the de-****er by the thumb but this gun was terrible as far as accuracy.

the USP was solid, the kimber was very nice. the . 357 S&W was my brothers favorite.

the redhawk is my favorite there to shoot and also my dads. just something about the old school revolver that are fun to shoot.

my 454 was solid. it has adjustable rear sight so it was dialed in and producing good groups while also producing a nice shock wave in the immediate environment.

the 500 is awe inspiring. it is the king of cannons and for good reason. this was a pleasure to shoot due to the weight, beefy grip and compensator.

which brings me to the most impressive gun of the day. the ruger SR( is priced at the shop for $400. is is very slim, has adjustable sights, a low profile rail. ambidextrous safety and mag release and holds 17+1 rounds. it was a SOLID pistol and for $400 is well worth the money. in fact i am gonna go pick one up very soon. i have been looking for a concealed carry and was leaning to a small .38 but this SR9 is the ticket and more.