Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

x-bolt vs 700

Old 04-18-2009, 09:38 PM

Default RE: x-bolt vs 700

Come on guys... your blowing the wind out of some kids sailswho saved his lunch money all year long just to barely be able to afford one of those wonderful rifles!
We all know the attributes between these rifles... but look, for the COST the 770 is good. And I have seen 770's shoot as well or better than some 700's.I know it tastes sour but thats the truth.
I would allways recommend a model 7, 700 or t3 over a 770.
I don't know where your buying your 770's and t3's but we have a far greater price spread than $50 between a 770/blue and 700 sps/blue.
I will agree that it is a shame that remington has put their name on such a rifle, but they want to get a piece of all the market.It is also a shame that Remington is charging what they are for what you get.
A 700/model 7is in no way worth what remington is charging for them!
Hey my daughters Ford aint as nice as my wifesBMW 530i, but they both get the job done and the Ford was half the price of the BMW.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Uncle Mike

All said... Get the Remington. The x-Bolt has not proven to be a good shooter so far. Pull the bolt out of one and I think you'll be amused to say the least!
As was stated earlier, the Browning is made in... dare I say it... Japan.
I personally dont care for the euro trashish look the X-Bolt has. On a good note, the triggers seem to have some promise, I have not had any customers really complain of the triggers. That's not to say the triggers are great, but adequate.
It is a shame Browning, once the maker of fine firearms has taken the turn they have. Still riding on the old Browning name.
My x-bolt is a shooter, as stated here:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...mpage=1&key=&#

Can't wait to hit the range this season!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:11 AM

Save yourself the heartache and get a Savage! hehehe
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

My new X-Bolt shoots great and has a great factory trigger... no work needed...

Old 06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Remington 700 in 243,and LOVE it!,Leupold 3x9x40,it will shoot 3/4in groups at 100 yards.When i bought a hunting rifle(september 2008 my first)I almost bought the 770,i'm glad i didn't now.770 with scope $377, 700 with scope $477.Bought the 700,took the scope that came on it off,put leupold mounts,bases and a 3x9x40 on it,killed 2 deer,a bobcat and a crow,everything hit the ground,where it stood.I'ts a well built,accurate rifle,and it kills what I shoot it at,that's all i want as a hunting rifle.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just ordered the X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .338WM for the "big boyz".

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=023B&cat_id=035&type_id=2 02

This coming year's Christmas gift................can't wait !!!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont usually post on these rem vs .... threads ( just out of laziness not because im above the bicckering cause Im not) But personally Im not buying anothe rifle , Im building it. I think a rem700 donor action, a pacnor barrel(fitted to your action for 600$) and a LW mcmillian stock, beats the hell out of any factory bolt action out there. I have yet to find, out of a couple dozen rifles, of various brands, an accurate(under 1" no matter what its fed), properly bedded, good looking, and weather resistant rifle ,with a truly fantastic trigger that weighs under 7lbs(w/out a scope in long action)

Sometimes when I look at these guns savage, rem, tikka/sako weatherby/howa put out ,I wonder if the folks who design them have ever actually carried a rifle on a hunt or even shot at game because they seem to be cluless as what a hunter would need and want in the field.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use to be a die hard remington 700 man... Until I bought my first Browning A-bolt...

I sold all my 700's and now I own 2 Browning A-Bolt's... My Stainless Stalker with BOSS is a true .50 MOA gun with factory win grey box ammo... (cheap shtuff)
Old 07-18-2009, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-21-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ron Duval
Any factory rifle that averages .5 moa 5 shot groups is rare indeed. That it does it with factory ammunition is unbelievable!

Yes it is...

I for one couldn't believe it... This gun shoots so good... It's almost like I cant do no wrong with it

I had a guy a few bench's down from me come over to check out my gear, and he asked me if I messed with the settings on the boss... I said no. He said play with it a little and your gun will shoot better... I told him "I aint touching nothing on this gun"... As far as I'm concerened... It cant shoot any better!!!

Quick Reply: x-bolt vs 700

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.