Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger SR9

Old 02-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ruger SR9

Just bought/picked this gun up today. So far I have mixed feelings. I love how thin it is especially being able to hold 16+1.It feels great in my hand. ( average sized hands ) and it shot very accuratley the first time I shot it....Will update later once i put more rounds through it but give me a break the high today was 4. Also very light much better feeling on my hip than my S&W

The few things I dont like is that this one was post recall so it has been "fixed" I guess there was a problem with the trigger. Seems fine now but even when you have a empty cartridge and dry fire still doesnt sound as crisp as I would like it too. Maybe its just the way newer guns are going or maybe its because its aruger

I would give it a B+ so far at $379.99 didnt hurt the bank too bad and I just really love Ruger! And not to mention it looks bada$$
Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger SR9

Got to admit that the SR9 I fondled about this time last year was definately a fine feeling piece! Seems like the price was a bit more than $379 as well.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen a few people with this modelwho havetaken our handgun safety course. This model seems to have a problem with the slide stop not working after the last round has been fired. I guess I like the P89 and P95 better, but thoseare a totally different gun.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: country1

I have seen a few people with this modelwho havetaken our handgun safety course. This model seems to have a problem with the slide stop not working after the last round has been fired. I guess I like the P89 and P95 better, but thoseare a totally different gun.
was that the pre recall or post?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never seen this happen but I've heard a couple of reports of that.

One thing to correct the op on is that it holds 17+1 not 16+1. Unless you got the one with only the 10 round magazine. Not that it matters just thought I'd point that out.

Where did you find it for $379? The cheapest I've seen it was at the gunshow I went to last weekend they had one for $409. That was the cheapest I've seen it.

To me it's a great feeling gun. One of the better feeling ones I've held. As for the trigger I really like the feel of it. Doesn't bother me. I've read a few reports of it feeling gritty but a lot of reports say that it does that after dry firing it a lot without the magazine in. Not sure why this would matter but it does say in the manual to not dry fire it without the magazine in it.

The Ruger 10/22 I have has a trigger that feels a little gritty but even then it doesn't really bother me. I like the trigger on the SR9 though. Triggers seem to be personal preference. Some seem to hate the same one others love.

I like the feel of this gun way better than the P95's I've looked at. I really like the P90 I've shot of my uncles though. I don't know that I like it anymore. It's also a .45 instead of a 9mm though. He has had a P89 too but I can't remember if I've shot it or not. If I did it was several years ago as I haven't shot the .45 in a while.. Looking at it I like the SR9 slightly better but that's just a personal preference. They both are good guns.

The recall was for it going off when it was dropped if you didn't have the safety on. That's when they put the trigger safety on. Or were you just asking if the ones with the slide trouble were pre or post recall?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

GOt if for $379.99 off gun broker... the gun had no bids with 5 min left so I bid and won. It was factory new from a dealer.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

GOt if for $379.99 off gun broker... the gun had no bids with 5 min left so I bid and won. It was factory new from a dealer.
You got a deal. Did that include ffl fee's and all?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

was that the pre recall or post?
I saw a student at the club this week with a post recall. The slide stop seemed to work better the more it was shot. At first, it did not work at all.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

$399.99 when it was all said and done.

But so far I really like it going to put about 200 rounds through her this weekend.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

$399.99 when it was all said and done.

But so far I really like it going to put about 200 rounds through her this weekend.
I wouldn't mind shooting a few rounds this weekend however, 9mm ammo is hard to find around here. I went to Wal-Mart tonight and they were sold out. Last week they had a bunch. Looked like they had just gotten a shipment in. I was ready to buy some the week before and they were sold out. Then the next week I saw they had some in and almost got them but figured I didn't need any. So this week when I decided to use my giftcard I have on them they were sold out again. I hope they get some more in so I can get them. Infact I'm having a hard time finding 30-06 ammo or any ammo other than .22 or shotgun shells really.

Quick Reply: Ruger SR9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.