Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 BIG PROBLEM WITH REMINGTON BUCKHAMMERS >

BIG PROBLEM WITH REMINGTON BUCKHAMMERS

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

BIG PROBLEM WITH REMINGTON BUCKHAMMERS

Old 11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default BIG PROBLEM WITH REMINGTON BUCKHAMMERS

HEY GUYS ,
I WAS SO PUMPED I SIGHTED MY SHOT GUN IN AT 75 YARDS LAST WEEK , I CAN PUT 3 SLUGS IN A FIGURE 8 ALL TOUCHING ,
WELL I RAN OUT OF THE 2 1/2 INCH BUCKHAMMERS I HAD SO I WENT TO DICKS TO BUY 6 MORE BOXES , WELL YESTERDAY I WENT TO SHOOT TO QUALIFY FOR A HUNTING AREA AND I HAD A MISSFIRE FROM THE BUCKHAMER, WELL I SHOT 2 MORE SHOTS AND THAT WSA IT , WELL MY DAD COMES BEHIND ME AND HAS TO SHOOT WELL HE HAS 3 MISSFIRES OUT OF A BOX OF 5 SHELLS, THE RANGE MASTER SAID ALL THE BUCKHAMMERS ARE GIVING EVERYONE PROBLEMS THIS YEAR SEAMS THAT THE PRIMERS ARE SET TO DEEP IN THE SHELL AND THE FIRING PIN DOES NOT DENT THE PRIMER ENOUGHT , HE TOLD ME THAT AT EVERY SESION HE HAS HELD AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE HAVE HAD MISFIRES WITH THE BUCKHAMMERS,
I LOOKED AT SOME OF THE OLD BUCKHAMMERS I HAVE AND THE PRIMER IS ALMOST FLUSH WITH THE TOP OF THE SHELL BUT SOME OF THESE NEW ONES I HAVE THEY ARE SANK WAY DOWN BELOW THE BRASS OF THE SHELL, LUCKY FOR ME I WAS ONLY AT THE RANGE THIS COULD HAVE COST ME OR YOU THE DEER OF A LIFETIME , SO I ASK YOU IF YOU ARE SHOOTING BUCKHAMMERS CHECK THEM OUT OR SHOOT THE 3 INCH BUCKHAMMERS I HAVE SEEN NONE OF THESE WITH THIS PROBLEM , GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM

Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BIG PROBLEM WITH REMINGTON BUCKHAMMERS

It has happened before with Remington. Not just BuckHammers either. I have had it happen to me too.

But when they do fire and hit a deer, BuckHammers hit hard.