Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Cooper model 52

Old 06-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cooper model 52

bighorn sheep hunt? now you must elaborate a little....?

did you get lucky in MT? elsewhere?

MT bighorn sheep is one of my dream tags.....but its on my 20yr plan....so congrats and have at it.

And ya if there is a year wait maybe that 6.5.....in model 22 will becoming sooner than later, so what is the difference in 22 vs 52? cause it seems some rifle models come in both....guessing just the action length?

Old 06-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

All sorry about that I should have said, yes I got lucky and yes in MT. I have a friend that Has some landin north west MT up around Flathead
and he talked me in to trying for a tag and I got lucky.
I found out two days ago when I checked the MT web sit. It says I got one for District 122.

The Cooper M52 is only long action and the M22 is only a single shot where the M52 has a 3 round mag.
and the M52 has a 24" Barrel, the M22 has 26" barrel.
That is it the rest of the gun is all most the same.
I will let you no tomorrow if I go with the M52 or go with the M22.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats, I don't think they make a bad sheep unit in MT< and I believe 122 has had some monsters come out of it in years past, and continues to be great....

now go and find that 200"

Old 06-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Salukipv1........Having read many of your posts,I just have to ask as to why do you even respond to them when you dont have a clue to the answer? This topic of the Cooper M52 is a classic example. How many have you had experience with, do you own any, have you even handled one? My thinking is you trot over to their website, look it over a bit and then post as if you know all about them. I am sorry for the rant but Coopers are near and dear to my heart and I find someone just randomly throwing out answers a bit annoying. It would certainly help from confusing others by posting somefactual information , something you actually have hands on experince with.

Here are some quotes...

In that model I'd say .25-06 or maybe .270?

though if you reload....how about 6.5-284?
I don't have a 6.5mm-284, but if I reloaded I think it may be the 1st I bought
I just noticedwhen I checked out Cooper's site that theyloaded the 6.5-284 so thats why it caught my eye.
Not sure the 52 chambers it....but i know "cooper" chambers it. haven't compared the details.....but i assume they make a model you'd like that would chamber it....maybe not.
Looks like the "Jackson Game" doesn't come in it....but similar rifle would be the "western classic" or "custom classic" or "classic" or geez, looks like a bunch of others come in it....i think every rifle cept the jackson game.....

don't let me talk you into anythign though, just thought it may be a cartridge to consider.....

I think the model 52 vs 22 only depends on what they chamber in each...52 seems like standard cartridges....ie 30-06 based
And ya if there is a year wait maybe that 6.5.....in model 22 will becoming sooner than later, so what is the difference in 22 vs 52? cause it seems some rifle models come in both....guessing just the action length?

[align=right][/align][align=right][/align][align=right][/align]
Old 06-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let's look at the key points?

are you denying that the 6.5/284 is not a great cartridge?

Does cooper not chamber the 6.5/284?

The purchaser of the firearm can work out the details....which action, whether itsa single shot, etc...

my main points which Iwould now like you try and discredit, are that the 6.5 is not a great round and that cooper doesn't chamber it?

Sounds like somewhat of a clue to me....

Also the poster was questioning which cartridge to chamber his cooper in...not as to the quality of a cooper etc....he knew he was getting a cooper, I pointed out a round I thought he should consider.

You should waste your time with the poster's question in the future. Not to unimportant details in responses of mine.

A response to my response, without anyresponse to the post is a lot like spam.

ORIGINAL: doubleA

Salukipv1........Having read many of your posts,I just have to ask as to why do you even respond to them when you dont have a clue to the answer? This topic of the Cooper M52 is a classic example. How many have you had experience with, do you own any, have you even handled one? My thinking is you trot over to their website, look it over a bit and then post as if you know all about them. I am sorry for the rant but Coopers are near and dear to my heart and I find someone just randomly throwing out answers a bit annoying. It would certainly help from confusing others by posting somefactual information , something you actually have hands on experince with.

[/quote]
Old 06-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, anybody got any popcorn! Love these "debates".
Old 06-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

doubleA I no you from Cabela's

You no you People the one I feel Badfor is cooper_m22

Gorw Up people

He said he was new here
I may be new to. But I am not new to Forums.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Let's look at the key points?

are you denying that the 6.5/284 is not a great cartridge?

Does cooper not chamber the 6.5/284?

The purchaser of the firearm can work out the details....which action, whether itsa single shot, etc...

my main points which Iwould now like you try and discredit, are that the 6.5 is not a great round and that cooper doesn't chamber it?

Sounds like somewhat of a clue to me....

Also the poster was questioning which cartridge to chamber his cooper in...not as to the quality of a cooper etc....he knew he was getting a cooper, I pointed out a round I thought he should consider.

You should waste your time with the poster's question in the future. Not to unimportant details in responses of mine.

A response to my response, without anyresponse to the post is a lot like spam.

ORIGINAL: doubleA

Salukipv1........Having read many of your posts,I just have to ask as to why do you even respond to them when you dont have a clue to the answer? This topic of the Cooper M52 is a classic example. How many have you had experience with, do you own any, have you even handled one? My thinking is you trot over to their website, look it over a bit and then post as if you know all about them. I am sorry for the rant but Coopers are near and dear to my heart and I find someone just randomly throwing out answers a bit annoying. It would certainlyhelp from confusing others by posting somefactual information , something you actually have hands on experince with.

[/quote]

...........The only thing I wish to say concerning the whole deal is that I can remeber doubleA's posts in the past. He is very knowledgeable about Coopers and I'm certainly not going to dispute what he says until I have owned one or two myself. I think others could do as well......
Old 06-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

What happend here?
I had to run down to Great FallMT before I placed my order on my cooper M52.While Iwas downthere I went in to Sheels and I found a Cooper M52Western Classic 280 rem and I fell in love with it So I got it.
I did not no sheels sold Cooper's they have a nice selection.

Thanks to all I love this gun.
Can not wait to shoot it but first I need to go looking for a scope. Most likely a Zeiss MC Conquest 4.5-14 44mm. or a Leupold VX-L 4.5-14 56mm.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cooper_m22

What happend here?
I had to run down to Great FallMT before I placed my order on my cooper M52.While Iwas downthere I went in to Sheels and I found a Cooper M52Western Classic 280 rem and I fell in love with it So I got it.
I did not no sheels sold Cooper's they have a nice selection.

Thanks to all I love this gun.
Can not wait to shoot it but first I need to go looking for a scope. Most likely a Zeiss MC Conquest 4.5-14 44mm. or a Leupold VX-L 4.5-14 56mm.
Congrats on the new rifle. Post some pix for us, and don't mind the bickering its half the fun on this site. For some real fun check out thedeer huntingsection some one asked about a 22-250 on deer that's always a hoot to watch.

Quick Reply: Cooper model 52

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.