Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning X-Bolt

Old 04-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Browning X-Bolt

Anyone seen or bought one of the new Browning X-Bolt rifles yet? I was reading about them in the NRA magazine Rifleman. Looks like a decent gun.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Browning X-Bolt

I saw one and picked one up for the first time today while at my local Gander Mountain. It was light, skinny styling of the stock and nice looking. Everything on it was very nice. Makes me wonder how the recoil will be because it's so light. I would consider one, but don't have the money to purchase one. Maybewhen I hit the lottery!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Haven't looked into it too much, I love my Abolt.

IMO there are a few reasons you buy a lightweight rifle.......one you can get away with it being light due to using a small cartridge, one that doesn't kick very much.

The other more of a mountain type setup, easy to carry, and willing to pay the price in recoil.....though again I probably wouldnt get a killer recoil round, but I may consider one with some recoil, though alot of times if you give up accuracy due to lightweight on a round that recoils, you're kinda voiding the rifle altogether, so if accuracy gets thrown out the window, why even own a rifle.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:51 PM

Picked one up the other day, looks like a cool gun. The shop owner told me the recoil was supposed to be less, but in reality it just has a bigger recoil pad on it, which it does. I am going to wait until it comes out in a composite stock and get a .270.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:59 AM
Dominant Buck

According to the article I read they are out in 4 styles. The Medalion, Hunter, Composit Hunter and Composit Stainless. I like the 2 position tang safety and style of the gun.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2763184&mpage=1