Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

mossberg guns

Old 01-23-2008, 03:45 PM
FA
Fork Horn

Default RE: mossberg guns

[quote]ORIGINAL: bltrax]

may i ask what makes the rifles ugly? looks like any other rifles to me. UNLESS ur talking about the mossberg 4X4 rifle with the cut out stock. the ATR looks like any plane old rifle.

It's the bluing job, looks like black paint. Being I don't own one, maybe it was the 4x4. Like I said, the field tests were great on this rifle. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Spike

didntruffle no feathers heari was just wonder why u thought it. i can see what ur saying it does look paintish.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 AM
Spike

I have an ATR in .308. Mine has the walnut wood stock and blued barrel. I think it's a great looking rifle...bigger around the bolt than it needs to be...but good looking. The wood is real nice. I bought the combo and just put a nikon bdc on it. at 100 yards it shoots 1-1.5" groups. I'm planning on shooting 200 yards anyday now. I got a coyote with it during deer season...and it wasn't pretty. To me, the most impressive feature of the rifle is the action.....super smoooooooth
Old 01-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Mossberg 500 20ga that I got used when I started hunting 9 years..going on 10 years ago. I've used it for everything from small game to deer and turkeys....just swapped out the chokes. It's brought down alot of game but I'm starting to look for a new gun for turkey. The bead sights aren't the greatest...and the forearm sure does rattle It's does it's job for the most part though.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:00 AM

I was just recently in the market for a new semi-auto. sold mine a few years back when buying my house. was shocked at what they cost now! as I was walking aroung the gun store, the gunsmith happened to come out. I was looking at a few guns and asked him for a quick run-down. he told me that mossberg 930/935 is just as good and well made as any remington in the store. he said he has had both apart and they compare to each other quite well. one thing he did say that was signifigant is this: he said guys that buy mossbergs tend to really beat and use them, his thought was a guy with a $400 auto-loader isnt so careful as the guy with the $1000 dollar gun. he thought this was signifigant as a testimonail to their dependability. before talking with him I was going to drop $550 on an 1187 in 3". after talking with him, I bought a moss 930 for $373. out the door on sale! so far a great gun! seems just as good as the wincheter sx2 I sold and was $300 cheaper.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing at all wrong with a Mossberg. Function and opporational they are fine. They are somewhate more noisy and less appeasing to the naked eye but good work horse guns! I have sold and serviced a bunch for local police and hunters throughout 30 some years.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhhhhh...Yes!

That bottom gun. The 12 Gauge. I have that same identical gun. I can't kill that gun....thousands of rounds in the woods since I was at the age of 18.(33 years old now)When you ask people they say the remington 870 is better than the moss. 500. The remy is made better with the steel receiver and it just feels more rock solid than the mossberg 500.

HOWEVER...That loose feeling gun has proven 10 fold to me and can take all the abuse in the world. I'll lay it next to my 870 any day!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:13 AM

I have those two guns, a Mossberg atr 100 in .270 win and a model 88 12ga, both have been good guns so far. I'v gota few boxes of ammo through the atr 100, i'm impressed with it, I half expected a .270 to be somewhat painful to shoot but they put a nice recoil pad on it, and it seems pretty accurate so far.

We'll see how it does when I go deer hunting this fall for the first time.

I haven't been able to see what it will do 100% accuracy wise, I didn't have a good rest when I sighted it in at the cabin I was having trouble keeping steady. But one day i'll get down prone and see how accurate it really is.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:18 PM

I bought a ATR100 in .270 back before Christmas. There is nothing in the world wrong with that gun. It is not a bad looking gun, and the function is great. It shoots well and I only paid 300.00 for it in synthetic / Marinecoat.

Lets see someone else do that with another rifle. If you make them they will sell. If they don't hold up , people will find out. So far I have not even heard any bad RUMORS about this gun or the new 4x4.

Good hunting and God Bless

Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

No experience w/ the rifles but have a 500 in 20 ga and an 835. I like them both. What sold me on the is the ergonomics. Everything (release & safety) seems to be in the right place. They function well; not the smoothest or the prettyest, but great guns.

Quick Reply: mossberg guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.