HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   mossberg guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/228423-mossberg-guns.html)

bltrax 01-21-2008 06:11 PM

mossberg guns

whats everyones thought on mossberg guns?
i personally like them.

i just bought a mossberg 100atr in 270 cal. 2 weeks ago. only put a few rounds through it but it seems to be a fairly accurate gun so far. (just got back into hunting after 6 years)
dos anyone else own a atr?just wondering what everyone else thinks of this gun.

i also own a mossberg maverick 88 12ga. it was my first gun and i had it for bout8 years. i take it out and blast a few round through it every now and again. never gave any problems. killed my first and only deer (8point) with it. now im slowly turning it into a tactical/ home defense shotty since i got my deer rifle.

goatbrother 01-21-2008 06:31 PM

RE: mossberg guns

I have a Mossberg 810 bolt action .270 Win rifle that I bought when I was 18. It is a well built gun, shoots great too.

wv bow hunter 01-21-2008 11:06 PM

I had one for a few years in 30-06 it was a very accurate gun and the price was even better the only reason I sold it was i needed the money badly

jtb1967 01-22-2008 09:30 AM

I've seen several Mossberg 500's with small quality control issues as they come from the factory, but for the money I believe they are usually a pretty decent gun. I don't really have any experience with their rifles.

FA 01-22-2008 10:46 AM

I don't own a Mossberg, but I have read a couple of field tests for the ATR and results were pretty impressive. It's gotta be the the worlds most ugly rifle but it sounds like it's reliable and a straight shooter. Overall, I think Mossberg has a poor reputation and with no good cause. They have a decent price tag and anyone I know who owns one has nothing but good to say about them.

buckmaster61081 01-22-2008 11:14 AM

I agree with FA. I had a Mossy 835 Trophy Slugster combo up until this spring & never had a problem with it - very reliable & accurate. I lost it in a trade for a high$$ gun.

I'd buy one again in a heartbeat.

bltrax 01-22-2008 05:01 PM

yeah i know a few people with mossberg shottys, some love em and some hate em. the ones that hate em never have a problem, if u ask them why they dont like it they always say "its a mossberg".?

ranger56528 01-22-2008 05:44 PM

I own two both 500's one 20g with slug brland one 12g bought em in the late 70's and thier still going strong....

bltrax 01-23-2008 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: FA

I don't own a Mossberg, but I have read a couple of field tests for the ATR and results were pretty impressive. It's gotta be the the worlds most ugly rifle but it sounds like it's reliable and a straight shooter. Overall, I think Mossberg has a poor reputation and with no good cause. They have a decent price tag and anyone I know who owns one has nothing but good to say about them.
may i ask what makes the rifles ugly? looks like any other rifles to me. UNLESS ur talking about the mossberg 4X4 rifle with the cut out stock. the ATR looks like any plane old rifle.

JeffS 01-23-2008 02:59 PM

I have a old Mossberg .243 that I bought when I broke my arm several years ago because I could shoot it with one hand out of a blind. It was a used gun I picked up cheap and never thought much about it but we've loaned it out alot and everybody that has shot is is surprised how well it shoots. It is not the most expensive gun made but it seems to shoot just as good as my more expensive rifles. If you want one that you will not worry about stratching up and will shoot good they are good guns.