Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington Sendoro

Old 12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Spike

Default Remington Sendoro

So tell me how they actually shoot. What is the difference between the I and II?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington Sendoro

My buddy had one and it was a tackdriver but VERY heavy!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

The I has a black non-fluted bull barrel, and the II has a stainless fluted bull barrel. I think the stocks are a little different too. They are also available in different calibers, the II in the new one.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Stock and fluted barrel are the difference. I think theII comes with the xmark pro trigger. The 1 I had shot lights out they are accurate but not suited to the way I hunt whitetail(I walk a lot).
Old 12-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Main difference is the stock. The Original sendero came with a HS Precision kevlar/composite stock. It came in either black or stainless and fluted/non-fluted. The new sendero is the same thing w/o the HS Precision stock. The current stock is made by remington and the main gripe I have - along with many other people i know - with the gun as well as many othersis the great swell of the "palm" area of the pistol grip. I am positive the new ones shoot as well as the old ones, but I just can't get aroung the increased size in that area of the stock. Tried talkin myself into one the last rifle I bought but just couldnt do it.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Double post - stupid computer errors...
Old 12-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mr.G:

Main difference is the stock. The Original sendero came with a HS Precision kevlar/composite stock. It came in either black or stainless and fluted/non-fluted. The new sendero is the same thing w/o the HS Precision stock. The current stock is made by remington and the main gripe I have - along with many other people i know - with the gun as well as many othersis the great swell of the "palm" area of the pistol grip. I am positive the new ones shoot as well as the old ones, but I just can't get aroung the increased size in that area of the stock. Tried talkin myself into one the last rifle I bought but just couldnt do it.
From Remington's website regarding the M700 Sendero SF II:

(http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_sendero_SF_II.asp)

Built on the famous Model 700™ cylindrical action, Remington Sendero rifles are the most accurate rifles we produce for over-the-counter sale. You’ll be stunned by the degree of precision you get straight out of the box. The varmints won’t be so lucky.
The Model 700 Sendero SF II are finely tuned tack-drivers created using input from serious shooters across America. The H.S. Precision composite stock is reinforced with aramid fibers and features contoured beavertail fore-end with ambidextrous finger grooves and palm swell. Twin front swivel studs accommodate a sling and a bipod. Full-length aluminum bedding blocks create accuracy-enhancing platforms for the barreled actions. The 26" heavy-contour barrels are fluted for rapid cooling.
I guess not. I really like the new fluted barrel with the blackened flutes. I've seen Weatherby Mk V's with similar fluted barrels and I thing that it looks really sharp. I wonder if the barrels are made in house or farmed out, and if so, who makes them.

Mike