Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Hi Point Firearms....are they any good >

Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Old 01-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

ORIGINAL: ranger140892

Did you tell the guy he was a goof? They wear out in a hurry, but they'reok for protecting your family and home? Surely he holds HIS home and family in higher asteem than that.
ORIGINAL: TUK101

I checked them out at the pawn shop the other day, (they also sell new guns) and they told me that they are fine for home protection. But they also said that if you plan on shooting it a lot, they tend to wear out in a hurry. He told me that a Taurus would be a much better buy for the money.
Hey man, I am just relaying what was told to me. I didnt say that I bought one did I? I am more of a revolver guy anyhow. I am saving for a .44 Magnum, not a gat.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

ranger140892

Sorry about the mix up that first paragraph was sarcastic. I own two and like them very much thank you.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 AM
Fork Horn

I should clairify that I do not use my hi pointnine or any 9mm for that matter for home protection. They are just for good plinking fun and varmint hunting. With that said, if the hi point were the only gun I could afford. I would fill better about it than the good old louisville slugger should someone break in.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:40 PM

I've been thinkin about getting the .40SW Hi-Point to carry with me when I'm bow hunting.. not for the deer though.. that would be wrong
Old 02-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

CCRBUM might want to check your local laws here in utah you can not carry any firearm on the bow hunt. Until recently that included conceled weapon permit holders.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:37 PM
skk

My opinion is they are servicable. They will do the job they are supposed to do. Will another pistol do it better most likely yes. I had the 9mm Compact as my first pistol. I've put over 1000 rounds through it and worked on my technique while saving up. It is a pain to field strip. you need a punch to knock out a rod to release the slide. The grip was too small for my hand unless I used the extended magazine. But now that I have a Beretta Px4, I haven't touched the Hi Point. I also picked up a Stoeger Cougar in .40. That is a nice option for $299 on CDNN. With all of that said, I've never had a misfire or jam or fail to eject in the Hi Point.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:38 PM

Toy guns have better triggers!
But, if you can't afford an expensive gun and need to shoot, I say go for it!
Just DO NOT consider it reliable.
I do enjoy taking out my carbine for plinking, and the 9mm ammo is fairly inexpensive too.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Ok i have an idea,let me shoot you with my hi point then you can shoot me with your gun and then we will make the comparison on the holes
Old 02-18-2007, 03:57 AM

hmmmm.....seems a little over the top.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Just for laughs,but if a hi point was all i had for protection i am sure it would get the job done.

Quick Reply: Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.