Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Hi Point Firearms....are they any good >

Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Old 01-26-2007, 10:14 AM

Default RE: Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

I've had the 9mm hi-point for abour 3 years and haven't had any problems at all. It has never jammed or failed in any way. I've used any type of 9mm round i could get the cheapest and it still operates smoothly.
If you want a hunting or protection gun this might not be the best choice but if your looking for something you can use to target shoot it would be worth the money.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

i FIGURED IT WAS KINDA HIT OR MISS ON THEM. iTS KINDA LIKE TOOLS FROM HARBOR FREIGHT, GREAT PRICE. SOME OF IT IS GREAT AND WILL LAST FOR YEARS AND OTHER STUFF YOU ONLY GET ONE USE OUT OF IT THEN IT BREAKS.

mY HEART IS SET ON THE SPRINGFIELD XD 45. SO I WILL JUST HAVE TO KEEP SAVING MY MONEY TILL THEN..

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT GUYS, ACTUALLY I FOUND OUT A GUY I WORK WITH OWNS ONE SO I MAY GIVE HIS A WHIRL JUST FOR FUN
Old 01-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: davs2601

I read an article in the last Guns Magazine abouta gun made by Hi-Point. The gun was the C9 9MM and the article talkedabout for the money it was a descent handgun. It is listed on gun broker from $125 - $160, I am a firm believer that you generally get what you pay for, but is this an exception to the rule.

Im just curious if anyone has had any experience with them?
Thanks
They are terrific guns if all you need it for is to knock over a liquor store, as a prop in a rap video, or to "smoke sum fool".

Not a bad carry gun for the street corner either....slim lines make it easy to carry in addition to a dozen small bags of crack or 8-balls of coke.
Seems swampcollie has alot of knowledge/experience in some less than desirable areas.Must be a heck of a nice guy.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will GUARANTEE you one thing for sure.

You are not going to find anyone who has to absolutely rely on their sidearm to be carrying a Hi-Point!

i.e. copper

Could you imagine how badly he would be laughed at by his fellow officers?

Hi-Point?
Old 01-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Typical Buck

I checked them out today at the gun show and I wasnt that impressed.

I will save my money for a 1911

Although a friend of mine did buy a Uberti 45colt revolver. that gun is awesome and im sure it is a blast to shoot.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Let me say I don't own one but I have heard about them and they are total p.o.s.'s. I would save your money and buy a Kimber 1911 and a Baretta carbine you'll only spend about $2,000. bllaaaahhhh blaaahhh.

I have the hi point9mm handgun and the carbine they are 100% reliable so far and the carbine has been used like a street walker. I have bought some nice guns and like the hi points cheap ones. I am no happier when I go shoot my weatherby I saved so long for or my savage or hi points.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Seems swampcollie has alot of knowledge/experience in some less than desirable areas.Must be a heck of a nice guy.
So just because high point firearms are the choice of street scum...and I happen to know this...it makes me a heck of a nice guy...and one who participates in less than desireable areas.

Yeah....

Just ask any cop how many high point firearms he has pulled off dealers. Its a modern saturday night special...only you can't melt it down.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:36 PM

In one paragraph you say you don't own one. In the next you say you have two.??
ORIGINAL: savagescout

Let me say I don't own one but I have heard about them and they are total p.o.s.'s. I would save your money and buy a Kimber 1911 and a Baretta carbine you'll only spend about $2,000. bllaaaahhhh blaaahhh.

I have the hi point9mm handgun and the carbine they are 100% reliable so far and the carbine has been used like a street walker. I have bought some nice guns and like the hi points cheap ones. I am no happier when I go shoot my weatherby I saved so long for or my savage or hi points.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned 2. They are made very close to where I live.

I've never had a problem. Probabaly 2,000 rounds total through them. That said, if my life depended on the gun, I wouldn't be carrying it.

When you can buy a 9mm for $85, I don't think that the manufacturers meant for them to be compared to a $2,000 weapon. I like mine for plinking and such. That's all I had in mind when I purchased them. I'm not seeing the point behind comparing them to a gun worth 25X more.

Yugo vs. Lexus.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

dont have any experience w/ the handguns but i love the rifles very accurate reliable and cheap

Quick Reply: Hi Point Firearms....are they any good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.