Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Remington 700 vs. Tikka T3 Hunter >

Remington 700 vs. Tikka T3 Hunter

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington 700 vs. Tikka T3 Hunter

Old 01-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default Remington 700 vs. Tikka T3 Hunter

I had pretty much settled on a Tikka T3 Hunter until I looked at the Remington 700 CDL. I mean dang it's a fine looking gun. Prices are the same so what would be the advantages of the TIkka or the Remington besides American made (Remington) which of course is a plus?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remington 700 vs. Tikka T3 Hunter

No huge advantages to either, really.

The Tikka has a better trigger & barrel...and might be more accurate out of the box on average than the Remington. But theM700 actionis easy to work on, and accurizing it should be no problem.

The Remmy has a nicer stock, and IMHO a nicer feel. But the Tikka is a very well-made rifle, as well.

Pick the one that feels most comfortable in your hands and don't look back. Both will perform admirably!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Spike

My brother-in-law just gota T3 for Xmas. This thing is beautiful. The Black / grey laminated wood stock and stainless. Awsome looking and really light. I think it is like 6 pounds or something like that! Seems to be real comfortable to hold, not sure how it shoots yet though!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

All comes down to personal fit, feel and features. Both are good choices and more than capable shooters.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:20 PM

I agree Sketter 7MM!! I have both. I bought the Rem new and the Tikka used. Both great guns the tikka fits me better and I like the trigger better also. It all depends on the shooter, both great guns! My son loves the Rem!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

You are right on the shear looks of a cdl dang they are pretty I give the edge to the tikka also for out of box accuracy. I have 700's and a tikka you get a good rifle either way so its a draw
Old 01-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

How is the trigger on the Remington? I've heard that if you adjust it you void the warrenty. Is that true?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigpapa

How is the trigger on the Remington? I've heard that if you adjust it you void the warrenty. Is that true?
It will most likely be stiff in pull weight(not uncommon of most off the shelf rifles today)but can easily be taken down to a crisp 3lb area pull. If your not inclined to do such a procedure a gunsmith will have it done in a few minutes for $30 or less.

As to the warranty question, have heard they may bring it back to factory specs and possibly charge you for the dis-service. So I suppose you could take a chance or raise it up prior to sending it back, that is if you'd ever use it. I personally haven't ever sent anything to remington, I did have an issue with my 870 and bluing, whichthey gave me the local service dealer. They took care of what was required by remington andre-blued it on site. Not sure if that is b/c I am in Canada or not??? Not sure what the warranty is to tell you the truth, I thought the 870 was a year only? After the warranty period I'd be using a local gunsmith personally.

Trigger work is the firstthing I do on all my off the shelf rifles. So don't give that much thought, personally.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:34 PM

I love my tikka and is more accurate than any other rifle i have shot (granted, i have limited experience shooting many different types of rifles, but I have tested remington 700s.)

Why not go with one that is guaranteed to be accurate or your money back? they say they take 5 shots with every gun in the factory before they put it on the shelves, and all of those 5 have to be within the 1 inch mark. even though they only guarantee it with 3 shots.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

I get less the a 1/4" out of my rem 700. all's thats done to it is a trigger job, and a nice scope.

Quick Reply: Remington 700 vs. Tikka T3 Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.