HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 700 vs. Tikka T3 Hunter
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington 700 vs. Tikka T3 Hunter

ORIGINAL: bigpapa

How is the trigger on the Remington? I've heard that if you adjust it you void the warrenty. Is that true?
It will most likely be stiff in pull weight(not uncommon of most off the shelf rifles today)but can easily be taken down to a crisp 3lb area pull. If your not inclined to do such a procedure a gunsmith will have it done in a few minutes for $30 or less.

As to the warranty question, have heard they may bring it back to factory specs and possibly charge you for the dis-service. So I suppose you could take a chance or raise it up prior to sending it back, that is if you'd ever use it. I personally haven't ever sent anything to remington, I did have an issue with my 870 and bluing, whichthey gave me the local service dealer. They took care of what was required by remington andre-blued it on site. Not sure if that is b/c I am in Canada or not??? Not sure what the warranty is to tell you the truth, I thought the 870 was a year only? After the warranty period I'd be using a local gunsmith personally.

Trigger work is the firstthing I do on all my off the shelf rifles. So don't give that much thought, personally.