Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

steven rifle question

Old 12-16-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: steven rifle question

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

ORIGINAL: Baleful Scout

VERY DEPENDABLE.
If possible I highly recommend to spend the extra money to get the accutrigger model, add a better stock later on.
You may also consider a .243(although notas cheap to shoot, it is way more versatile)and later on getting a custom .308 barrel...
a top notch stock is a must.
add a stainless bolt for "class"
This setup paired with good optics will shoot with ANY rifle there is, and is a lot cheaper and more personal.

Actually, I think the Savage could hang with any rifle there is, with the scope that comes with the package, out to about 300 yards.
A family member of mine just purchad a package deal and the simmons 8-point failed in less than 2 boxes(30-06) she upgraded to a Bushnell Legend for $130 from SWFA much much better glass...

The first 3 shots fell inside an inch 3/4" low @100yrds right out of the box, there is NO better gun for the price, I agree

But when I said accurate as "ANY" rifle that is what I meant....A savage action with a good custom barrel is as accurate as "ANY" rifle in the world including the Walther WA-2000, the benchshooters rifles,the best sniper rifles,etc....Accurate as "ANY"
Old 12-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Stevens in 223, wish I never bought it. The bolt throw is too stiff, the angle of the bolt makes you hit the scope with your thumb, accuracy is poor for 223.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: crimedog

I have the Stevens in 223, wish I never bought it. The bolt throw is too stiff, the angle of the bolt makes you hit the scope with your thumb, accuracy is poor for 223.
Boo hoo!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

In 1100+ post have said anything other than BO HOO, Storried Past, orYep? Why not show your ignorance sometime and try to answer a fellow shooters post.

Nowhere in this discussion have you provided insight to the gun he requested feedback on other than to say Savage/Stevens builds quality guns. S&W builds quality guns but the Sigma was a piece of junk.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Here is what I did about the stevens went out paid 250 for the rifle shot it to check out accuracy. The accuracy was really good I knew it would be better with an adjustable trigger. I bought an after market trigger for 75 dollars and added a burris scope and it has been a rabbit and coyote killing sucker ever since thisis the rifle I always take. So I wouldsay buy one If it does not shot to your liking sell it for a littleless than youpaid and your not out much. But I really think you wont be sorry.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: crimedog

In 1100+ post have said anything other than BO HOO, Storried Past, orYep? Why not show your ignorance sometime and try to answer a fellow shooters post.

Nowhere in this discussion have you provided insight to the gun he requested feedback on other than to say Savage/Stevens builds quality guns. S&W builds quality guns but the Sigma was a piece of junk.
I feel really intimidated by somebody who has been a member for 3 years, and doesn't even have 400 posts. And if I remember correctly, you also showed your ignorance by saying the .35 Whelen had more killing power then the .338 Win Mag. You are nothing but a whine bag, and I don't wanna hear it. Savage/Stevens, make excellent rifles, they all come with free floating barrels, which is why they are so accurate, there ya go crime, hows that? I'm sorry if you arn't a good enough shooter to take advantage of that.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:01 PM

Crime, you also have no idea how many people I have helped through PM's, and you really shouldn't judge the quality of my posts, because, like I said, most of my helping goes on through PMing.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

My wife has a savage 11 in 7mm-08, ugly but shoots very good.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

They come with freefloated barrels is BS, if you check the facts and individual gun you'll findthey have contact on all I have ran dollar bills down and that contact is uneven andmore when you rest the gun on a vise or bipod because the flimsy stock. If I recall the 35 Whelen discussion I remember alot of speculation on your part, but when you do the math you get a larger diameter bullet being pushed at similar speeds within 150 fps, you never answered how many more fps it takes the 338to overcome that larger diameter of the 35 Whelen, also add what the decay in velocity is after it does overcome the diameterdifference.

What is your experence with the Stevens 200? Do you have one from reading 200 post about itandnot evershooting it? Still haven't offered your experence with it. You see I spend my time Hunting, Shooting, Gunsmithingand Reloadingbasicly the things you spend your time speclating about on the computer. If you knew jack about this site you would also know 3 years ago it moved and histories were lost, and those who were around then have join dates of 2/12/2003. I spend my time being the 53 ranked action pistol shooter in the country, hunting, fishing, gunsmithing, reloading;you are who in the world of shooting, because I'm the guy who shoots aganst Todd Jarrett and others. If you want I'llask Tony and Faye to sponser"adopt a special shooter" they can wipe your nose andexplain the fine are of shooting and what a 223 should do.

If a gun shoots average groups of 2 inches at 100 yards it will shoot 4 inches at 200 yards, how big is a rock chuck? 300 yards it's6 inches how big is a fox or coyote chest?Oh ya average is not that two or three times the shooter flinched perfectly to shoot a clover leaf. Breaking clay pigons at 100 yards doesn't impress me.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:33 PM

I currently own a Stevens 200 in .308, and with Winchester 180 Power Point ammo, it will shoot under 1", crime, I really don't care what you are ranked in the country, in whatever league, hunting and shooting isn't about who's better, it's about going your own pace, and learning as you go, How good you think you are means absolutely nothing to me, because, as soon as I leave this website, and go out into the "REAL WORLD", none of it matters. I really don't think that your fantasies, about how good you think you are, really account for much, either. I can see right through your lies, and into your heart, you are a coward, who has run out of options, and has nothing left to do, but brag, "I'm ranked 53 in the country", no you arn't, your just some redneck, who logs onto here once a week and claims to know it all.

Quick Reply: steven rifle question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.