Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

MUZZLE BRAKES!!!

Old 11-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MUZZLE BRAKES!!!

WellDuck we have our opinions and isn't that why we are here.
The follow up shot on this was needed as I expoloded the only branch between meand this Elk at 200 yards.
You got me on the states you hunted and I am glad you had the opportunity and wish you luck in the future.
It's just about time to shut this piece of machinery down and head out to Alaska for the next 2 years for work and hunting.
So check in every once in a while as I plan to take advantage of all the big game opportunities that Alaska has to offer and will be posting pic's on what my braked weapons have taken.
Have a nice day sir.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ivalue my hearing far too much to ever fire a braked gun without hearing protection,and I will not wear hearing protection while hunting.That means that brakes are out for me.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

People who know shooting understand that the "felt recoil" of a weapon is only partially due to the free recoil energy that hits the shoulder. Much of the "felt recoil" is actually the shockwave of sound hitting your eardrums making the gun feel like it recoils much more than it actually does.

People at the range constantly complain about my Grendel .308 with 18" barrel with compensator.

I'm all for compensator however the design you're hawking isn't a very efficient one.

This is a much better design.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Intermission Time

I think this is a good topic.I've cleaned it up vs lockin the entire topic.

Stay on Topic without the insults and back and forth flaming or it's gettin

Locked Up !

Now back to our Show
Old 11-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

AJ52-Thank you for intervening. Brutal-what do they call the break that you pictured. I saw it on the E. Arthur Brown site for an Encore barrel. Do you know someone else who does that break? I think the price at EABCO was $149. Thanks, Tom.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 AM

AJ52,

thank you for stepping in! I did NOT start this topic to have it get out of control like it appeared to be heading. If it does start heading south again then please delete the complete topic....

DAVID
Old 11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

AJ52-Thank you for intervening. Brutal-what do they call the break that you pictured. I saw it on the E. Arthur Brown site for an Encore barrel. Do you know someone else who does that break? I think the price at EABCO was $149. Thanks, Tom.
It's called the OPS brake. If you read up on brake design and what gasses do when the bullet leaves the barrel you'll see that their design is probably the best one out there.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:37 PM

I don't care much for muzzle brakes. I do how ever have my 3oo mag mag-na-ported, less noise and less barrel lift.