Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Which would you choose? >

Which would you choose?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Which would you choose?

Old 08-23-2006, 02:23 PM

Default RE: Which would you choose?

Why not the ported barrel? shouldn't that reduce recoil allowing you to reaquire your target (intruder) faster?? Thanks for all the good replys. Keep them coming.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say the Springield XD 40 as well. I have the tactical model, and I love it. I would also suggest not gettin the ported model. Way too much more noise, and if you are in a low light condition you will never see the sights after the first bang. If recoil and gettin on target is an issue to you, try a Don's Stainless guide rod and a Wolfe 22# spring.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

The replys say it all. What fits your hand? I love the Glock 22. It feels like its part of my hand. It fits me perfectly and will be my next gun purchase. Powerful accurate and as totally dependable as a semi auto pistol can be.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

The replys say it all. What fits your hand? I love the Glock 22. It feels like its part of my hand. It fits me perfectly and will be my next gun purchase. Powerful accurate and as totally dependable as a semi auto pistol can be.
I'll second that! and add to it. I love my glock 22 also, they will not jam, ever. Hardly need cleaning, and are very easy to disassemble. Good accuracy and great feel in my hands. They're made to shoot alot. I'd say the most dependable semi-auto that can be had these days, and priced cheaper than alot of others.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:14 PM

Does any one have opinons on the extra hand safety that the XD has and the Glock doesn't have? I don't think I want a regular safety and thats why these 2 guns have caughtmy interest. Should I worry about keeping 1 in the chamber without there being a physical safety on the gun?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: millpond

Does any one have opinons on the extra hand safety that the XD has and the Glock doesn't have? I don't think I want a regular safety and thats why these 2 guns have caughtmy interest. Should I worry about keeping 1 in the chamber without there being a physical safety on the gun?
I keep one in mine when I carry. It cant fire in a holster. It has the trigger safety and internal safetys to prevent it from going off if its dropped.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

My choicefrom your list would be the Springfield. Before you decide, check out Kimber.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

I would go with either the GLOCK or the XD. non ported models. If you plan on buying new ammo all the time and not reloading then I would go with the glock 22 great gun will not jam. I however wanted the option to reload and purchase ammo that had been reloaded. I also wanted to shoot lead bullets(glock does not recomend this). So I went with the XD and have not regreated it. The gun shoots great and feels really good in my hand. For more info on why not to reload the glock or purchase reloaded ammo check this web site. http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.htmlI personally know people who reload for the glock in .45 and 9mm and have no problems but I for one am not willing to risk it. Good Luck with your purchase and have fun!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

SF SD
Old 09-02-2006, 08:34 AM

glock 22, i had to make the choise and i dont regret it. Love my glock

Quick Reply: Which would you choose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.