Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

tikka accuracy

Old 08-16-2006, 06:19 PM

Default RE: tikka accuracy

I find the Tikkas on par with and superior to most just about anything in their price range, and the Sakos are just about as nice as factory rifles get. I currently own or have owned dozens of Winchesters, Remingtons, Rugers, Weatherbys, Brownings, and others.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best factory trigger I ever bought.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The "rage" as you call it, is when you see the design features (i.e. same match-grade hammer forged floating barrel as Sako, smooth adjustable trigger, solid/smooth action, palm swell, quality materials, quality manufacturing, nice lines, detachable mag, grooved rail that's machined into the length of the action that won't move on you). Most of important they test fire every rifle at the factory to be sure each hits 1" groups at 100 yards out of the box. You can still get many models for between $500-600 with all that.

No I sure can't see any reason to get excited about that!
Old 08-19-2006, 05:20 AM

I proved it true again this weekend. I traded in a Benelli R1 Rifle for a new Tikka T3 and a T/C Encore Muzzleloader this past winter and both are unbelievable out of the box. I am not saying some experimenting with loads isn't needed, but you don't have to send to thing in to work on the trigger or anything else to get it dialed in.

This week I tried 165 gr Federal Premium Trophy Bonded Bear Claws in the T3 and the groups tightened even more. The down side is, because they're so light, they can be a little tough to bench. So, I tried out my father-in-law's lead sled and shot some off hand after I got it dialed in. IMHO, that is when you really appreciate that trigger pull, standing trying to hit a target 100 yards away. Here in New England, there is seldom time for shooting sticks or bipods.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

any bang on tikka's accuracy is complete rubbish. sub one inch groups as soon as i was sighted-in.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

Its hard to beat tikka/sako/browning rifles. These are some of the best rifles made today in any category or price range.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:05 PM

I went to buy a Savage today, but the guys behind the counter talked me out of the Savage and into a Tikka. It was not hard for them to do considering I was looking at both rifles side-by-side. Everyone in the shop, including customers were hell bent on the quality and accuracy of the Tikka.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

One more for you all. My buddy bought a Tikka. It was his first rifle and first time to shoot a rifle. Once the scope was sighted in, his first three shots touched! I am looking to buy one soon. (left handed)
Old 08-27-2006, 03:37 PM

I have two Tikkas. One is a model 695 in .30-06, and it shoots ok. The other is a T3 in .243 and it is sub MOA and then some! The T3 fits me better as I'm a fairly small framed person. That may explain the .30-06's so-so showing. Just doesn't fit me as well and I've considered trading for a T3 in the same catridge. And yes, I've tried and own serveral other makes.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Spike

i own tikka 3 hunter since last year. zeroed it in at 100 yards with federal 125 grain 30-06 shells. it has a 3-9 40mm prostaff mounted on it. the first time out i shot 50 yards and grouped less than two inches . made some adjustment to the scope tried 3 more and shot lest that an inch and a half. then took it out to 100 yards, shot the same inch and a half, tried with 3 more and did the same , satisfied i put the rifle in its case and left the range. in 57 years of hunting i have owned a dozen or so rifles, brownings marlins, remingtons, savage, winchester etc. etc. at present i own a browning lightning 308, and a savage 100 30-06. both are almost as accurate as the tikka, but took a lot more effort and shooting to get me there. the savage is the closest to the tikka. the browning has a beautiful walnut stock, the save has plastic. i would purchase another tikka in a minute, it is light, the action is smooth, mine came with two clips, will probably never use the larger clip. the price was right , more expensive that the savage, but cheaper than the browning, as far as i am concerned price doesnt mean s--t. very very very happy tikka 3 hunter owner...

Quick Reply: tikka accuracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.