HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   tikka accuracy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/150216-tikka-accuracy.html)

stubblejumper 08-02-2006 08:00 PM

tikka accuracy

Here is a quote from another thread.

I dont think that a off named rifle like tikka (I have never heard of a tikka)will shoot a group better than 1 inch with a 30-06 strait out of the box.Some companys can claim such thing as they must shoot a 1 inch 5 shot group at 100 yards but little acually test it like they claim
Would any of you tikka owners like to comment on these statements?

goos_blues 08-02-2006 08:41 PM

RE: tikka accuracy

i dont own one but have shot a 30-06 in tikka and it was very accurate. shot alot less than an inch at a hundred yards

Rammer 08-02-2006 09:06 PM

I WOULD I WOULD. The word I am thinking of starts with an "M" and it ends with on "ON"; OR I could just let you guys have at him :D

doubleA 08-02-2006 09:21 PM

1 inch groups aint nothing...I have never seen a internet savage NOT shoot under a dime! hehehehe it cracks me up:D
Some will say an accuracy guarantee is worthless from what I have read here. To each there own.

USMC PMI 08-03-2006 06:17 AM

Don't own one either but I know that statement is off. I have tested several rifles in the same price range as the Tikka and all held1 MOA at 100 yards with decent factory ammo. Manfacturing has stepped up enough over the past 15 years to make most out of the box rifles fire at least very close to MOA at 100 yards, it really is not all that impressive anymore. The Weatherby Vanguard's come (or at least used to) with the three shot factory test target under 1" and they are reasonably priced. I don't see why it is so hard to believe??? Remember, the shooter must be able to shoot that 1 MOA as well! I testing using a rifle cradle and a remote trigger actuator so I can not skew the results and you would be suprised how well factory rifles fire these days.

bigcountry 08-03-2006 06:43 AM

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Here is a quote from another thread.

I dont think that a off named rifle like tikka (I have never heard of a tikka)will shoot a group better than 1 inch with a 30-06 strait out of the box.Some companys can claim such thing as they must shoot a 1 inch 5 shot group at 100 yards but little acually test it like they claim
Would any of you tikka owners like to comment on these statements?
People love guarntees. Have yet to see anyone take companies up on thiers, and see them make good. Only group I saw yet to actually was FN. A friend was having troulbe with his FN SPR A1 and the head guy there, told him to bring it on down to Fredericksburg, VA and they would fix the problem with him there.

I have seen some of these new crap tikkas, very accurate, and some no so much. Depends on alot of things like ammo, wind, shooter. American rifleman did a test a while back and they coudlnt' get it to hold up to its guarantee. I myself would go with a vanguard well before a tikka.

Solitary Man 08-03-2006 07:11 AM

I was once shooting next to a guy at the local range, me with my Sakos and he with his Tikka Whitetail Hunter. We compared targets and his put mine to shame. Every group he shot was around 1/2 MOA. I've been a big admirer of Tikka since that day.

USMC PMI 08-03-2006 07:14 AM

If this is the quality and problems Tikka/Sako makes count me out:
http://www.thegunzone.com/rifles-kb.html

THe number is 1-800-503-8869

here are some pictures of two sako's that blew up. THe hotline says any rifle shipped after 2004 must call the recall hotline.

encore 209X50 08-03-2006 08:57 AM

dang! a tikka did that? do they know why? i would say if many of them are going to do that i would have a recall on them too!

Rammer 08-03-2006 08:58 AM

That looks to be a Sako in the picture.

I haven't heard any of these problems of Tikkas/Sakos self destructing.