Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Leupold Rifleman

Old 04-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Leupold Rifleman

Did you think about the Adjustable objective that lets you move the scopes adjustment to shoot diffrent yardages without re sighting it in or playing the high low gessing game.You are also able to add a sun shade to reduce glair.The VXII and VXIII has a Multicoat lens system.The noncritacal eye relief matches your constant eye relief.I never had a problem with mine.You also get allot more diffrent cross hairs to pick from than a Ziess.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did you think about the Adjustable objective that lets you move the scopes adjustment to shoot diffrent yardages without re sighting it in
Do you honestly believe that the adjustable objective compensates for trajectory?It adjusts parallex,nothing more.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always thought you set it at the yardage you wanted the animal to come to before you shot it. Never got it to work correctly though. I always set it on 25 but they never would get that close.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Duckbutter48

I always thought you set it at the yardage you wanted the animal to come to before you shot it. Never got it to work correctly though.
Objective Lens Size
The second number in the formula (4x40) is the diameter of the objective or front lens. The larger the objective lens, the more light that enters the scope, and the brighter the image.

Ocular Lens
The lens closest to your eye.

Parallax
A condition that occurs when the image of the target is not focused precisely on the reticle plane. Parallax is visible as an apparent movement between the reticle and the target when the shooter moves his head or, in extreme cases, as an out-of-focus image. Bushnell center-fire riflescopes under 11x are factory-set parallax-free at 100 yards; rim-fire and shotgun scopes at 50 yards. Scopes of 11x or more have a special range focus to adjust for parallax.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:16 PM

Im so glad I found this site! There are so many informative people on here and it's easy to get an idea of what and how to go about doin things! thanks everyone.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, save your money for the VX-II or VX-III. You can't send in the Rifleman to the custom shop to put on a different color on the scopeor change the reticles. Not to forget, Leupold came out with Alumina Accessories and has a wide variety of lens to add to your scope. Remember people to accessorize!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

AO adjusts for parallex. Period. I bought a Rifleman ( 4x12 ) last summer to work up loads in a new rifle. The 12x is just sooooo much better for benchrest shooting. It has performed flawlessly for me so far, and I expect it will continue to do so. Just depends on where you want to put your money for what you want to do.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree sir.