Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Boresnake ??????????

Old 02-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Boresnake ??????????

I use it for spot duty (field, range) works great.However I still believe in using my dewey, patch and solvents for all cleaning duties.

For powder/lead fouling: shooters choice, copper removal: Barnes Cr10 or Sweets 7.62 and light gun oil: BC Sheath is my most used products.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:55 PM

I love mine too. Saves lots of time, especially for those of us who enjoy shooting more than cleaning. I dont know what i would do with them.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:43 PM

Don't these things need to be washed after a while? Don't have one but am now thinking of getting one...but lookind at how much fouling is comes out on patches those things must be solid black after 2 or 3 cleanings. How do you go about washing them if they have the oily solvents in them. Will detergents left on the snake harm the metal (doubt it, but should check while I'm at it, right?)
Old 03-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have used them since they came out. You can clean a gun many time and the snake still looks clean. They come with instructions for washing them. I love the things.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve never washed my boresnakes but then I don’t use any solvents or oil on them. They are great for using for a quick clean but when it come time for a good cleaning that’s when my Dewey rod and patches come into play. As for getting solid black when using , they aren’t that bad although they come in darker colors so the dirt isn’t as noticeable. For the price I would say give them a try...
Old 03-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

stevie,
You wont be dissappointed with the bore snake. I used a friends at our hunting camp one time and bought one for each caliber of my guns when I got home. They are THAT good!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stevie,
Thanks for bringing this up. I have almost bought a bore snake several times, but talked myself out of it. Iguess I amjust so used to a cleaning rod, and my main conscern about the snake was how it would hold up, and how you would clean it. It sounds like the bore snake isa big hitand I will get one now.

C. Davis
Old 03-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Spike

Why use anything else? That's all i can say.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:38 AM

I pretty much agree with everybody's comments. These things are awesome. Friend introduced me to it, used it once and bought one that evening from walmart! It is great.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:24 AM

I think the boresnakes are good for cleaning after shooting a few rounds, but they don't remove copper fouling as well as a brush & good cleaner like Sweets 7.62 will. That stuff works!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.