Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Thoughts on the Taurus Model 94 .22 revolver? >

Thoughts on the Taurus Model 94 .22 revolver?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Thoughts on the Taurus Model 94 .22 revolver?

Old 02-06-2006, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thoughts on the Taurus Model 94 .22 revolver?

Was thinking about getting one just wondering if others have had good or bad experiences with it?
Old 02-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thoughts on the Taurus Model 94 .22 revolver?

Im presuming thats the one(model) we have in 22.cal( we got a few taurus,s ones a semi auto 22.(p something)& the other is a model 85 in 38 speical)

Itsthe 9 shot revolver right ? I like it overall shot it agin this summer a bit - the triggers pulls bit stiff-and it seems to spit some lead bits& collect lead around the forcingcone/barrel opening a bit( a few hundred rounds later)- but less now i think then a few yrs back(was hot on the bare forearm back then before i relized what was up i remember )

Maybe that lead thing is just one of the cylinder holes slighly out of alinment?

All& all i like it tho it& shots pretty well& was a good price(esp when compared tothe s&w like it i saw)
Old 02-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Got a 94 with a 5 inch barrel. Great gun for the price, no problems. DA trigger was very stiff but its lightening up a bit. Gets a thumbs up from me as a good value plinker and pretty accurate.

As for the bits of lead flying out and being out of alignment, I'd check that out with a gunsmith and then send back to manufacturer if neccesary. Can't be doing any good to you or the gun.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked one up, found a really sweet one used for 140 bucks has the prettiest wood grips i think ive ever seen, not one nick chip or scratch on the grips the blueing is 100% who ever had it before must have never shot it. I shot it for the first time today I tryed remington gold bullet 40 grain solids and cci velocitors both brands of ammo shot dime size groups at 10 yards. cylinder lock up time seems to be dead on no lead chunks or debris just the expected powder residue build up after firing a couple hundred rounds.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good deal HD. yep nice lil guns.
( are those factory grips ?)
The wifes lil semi auto taurus has some real nice lookingwood grips(nickle with rose wood i believe the wood is).

Yep i should have mine checked (i just procrastanate a lot),but it seem less a problem now&dont seem to bad.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Knightia

Good deal HD. yep nice lil guns.
( are those factory grips ?)
The wifes lil semi auto taurus has some real nice lookingwood grips(nickle with rose wood i believe the wood is).

Yep i should have mine checked (i just procrastanate a lot),but it seem less a problem now&dont seem to bad.
Im about to get my wife a lil taurus PT-22, just hers is gonna be stainless with pink mother of pearl grips [:'(]. I made the mistake of letting her look through the taurus catalog gosh demmit!!!![:@]. oh well was kinda hoping to borrow it sometimes as a back up piece....... well maybe ill keep some rosewood grips hidden away for when I use it lol. I cant wait to hear what the guys say at the gun club LMAO

edit: I dont know if the grips on it are factory or not, maybe they put wood grips on them once upon a time, just that in my latest catalog they show them with only the black rubber grips. if they arent original grips they are atleast taurus made grips they have a gold coin like inlay on both sides of the taurus symbol they are really some great lookin grips ill have to post a pic later.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im about to get my wife a lil taurus PT-22, just hers is gonna be stainless with pink mother of pearl grips [:'(]. I made the mistake of letting her look through the taurus catalog gosh demmit!!!![:@]. oh well was kinda hoping to borrow it sometimes as a back up piece....... well maybe ill keep some rosewood grips hidden away for when I use it lol.
Pink! o no[][:'(]- but yep getting a extra pair of grips when borrowing it sounds like a great idea.

Thanks for the info on the grips to HDW.My 94 came with wood but mostly plain looking- I may have to get a stainless 94(in 22 mag?) sometime in the future.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

quthey are atleast taurus made grips they have a gold coin like inlay on both sides of the taurus symbol they are really some great lookin grips ill have to post a pic later.
They sound like factory ones( wasnt to awake last nite or now even) post im up if ya can yep.

Mine arent to bad tan woood dark lines- not as nice as that rosewood. Better then pink
Old 02-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

My own experiences with the PT-22 have been awful! I would check around before buying the PT-22.

Just my 2 cents.