Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Taurus Revolver Feedback >

Taurus Revolver Feedback

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Taurus Revolver Feedback

Old 02-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Taurus Revolver Feedback

Justresearching this brand. The revolvers look nice and are priced right. Just wondering about the quality and customer service.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Taurus Revolver Feedback

I have shot a few I personally don't own one but have a few friends who own Taurus I like them reliable and decent priced.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never owned a revolver but I did own a terrible semi-automatic. I wouldn't buy a Taurus under any circumstances. They are a junk gun manufacturer.

Tom
Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

I have a revolver, one of the titanium snub nose jobs in 44 special. Haven't had a lick of trouble with it. They aren't as nice as a Smith but they don't cost as much either. Well I shouldn't say I had no trouble with it. I was having trouble cocking it, it had resistance. Come to find out the cylinder to barrel gap was very tight and when shells were ejected a single piece of unburnt powder got under the star extractor on the back of the cylinder and that little thin fleck of powder was enough to make the cylinder too long and it was binding the cylinder. Cleaned out the piece of powder and it worked fine.

Last month I purchased a S&W 317 airweight 22lr revolver, only shot it once, about 6 cylinders full and the cylinder stopped advancing. It wasn't locked up, the cylinder could be turned by hand it just wouldn't advance when it was cocked. This was a brand new in the box gun and it broke the first week I had it. The dealer had me take it to a local smith instead of sending it to S&Wbecause he said S&W service has went way down hill as of late and the dealer wanted to get it fixed right and without delay. The smith found a broken part so instead of ordering another flimsy part he made a new one himself.

So, that is my experiance with those two brands. I wouldn't hesitate to go with another Taurus, for me they have a better track record than S&W.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

I have had very good luck with several of the Taurus 85's only! They are good service revolvers.
BUT,everything else I've had dealings with wasn't or has been the best of the litter? JMO
Old 02-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

No problems with the small or medium frame models. My brother had a Raging Bull .44 Mag that would come unhinged (crane/cylinderwould unlock)if rapid fired.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:12 PM

I had the model608 .357 mag and my friend has a raging bull. No problems with either. Good gun for the price in my opinion.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

I own 2 late model Taurus revolvers and I am very happy with them. Fit, finish, and performance. One is a 9 shot 22 LR and the other is an 8 shot 22 Mag. My understanding is that the older Taurus handguns lacked the quality that the newer ones have.