Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 whats your favorite automatic weapon? >

whats your favorite automatic weapon?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

whats your favorite automatic weapon?

Old 01-29-2006, 06:11 PM

Default RE: whats your favorite automatic weapon?

Mine is the good ole .50 BMG. I worked for a company where I got numerous times to fire this beast. It is an adrenaline rush for sure. This one was on a mount cemented in the ground. When you cut loose with a full can of ammo you had to hold on and go for the ride. You really have to hold on tight to keep it on target.I was reallly surprised at how accurate it was on single shot mode. I would shoot at about 30 yards with open sights and it woul cut holes. If you ever get a chance to fire one, do it.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

.50 cal browning air cooled. If you miss, the spawl gets em anyway.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:14 PM

I’m a big fan of the MP5 A3 and the F89 Minimi (I think you refer to it as the 5.56mm SAW) both great guns that you can dump a lot of rounds on target from the shoulder
Old 01-31-2006, 02:41 PM

Id have to say of the few Automatic guns ive fired i like the MAC-10 in 9mm the best, lol you can only have 5 round mags here in Canada for semi-auto center fires, so one burst and the things empty. BigCountry, i too like percision shooting but once in a while its nice to let some lead fly in a hurry.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:34 PM
bigcountry

I went to this event in Central Ky they have every year. You can fire off a tank there for a price. Anything and everything you want. Walked out 200 dollars lighter and had nothin to show for it. Ever since then I have been salty on full autos.

Old 01-31-2006, 07:15 PM

I thnk i know the place your talking about Bigcountry, its called Knob Creek range i belive. They charge like a dollar for a round of 7.62x39, here i can buy a box of 20 for 4 bucks so i can understand why youre salty about full-auto's.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:24 PM

I must admit an affinity for the 50.

But since we're just yappin here, I don't know the model number or even the caliber for sure, I recall seeing a video online of this behemoth but couldn't find it. But I think it is a 20mm "zipgun" that is used on many destroyers in the Navy and some have been put on heavy armored vehicles in the Army. The naval version is essentially a tower on each corner of the ship with several barrels sticking menacingly out of the side. It doesn't have a "report" because of the THOUSANDS of rounds per second it can lay down. It's more like a loud drone and whine. I think the original purpose was for laying a virtual wall of projectiles into the path of an encroaching missle or other threat.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt,
RA
Old 01-31-2006, 08:49 PM

The have them on Australian ships there called Seawizz its a 50 Cal that shoots 30 cal sabbots at something like one million rounds a minute.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 AM

Red, you're talking about the Phalanx. It does indeed have a report but at 4500 rpm, it's just a long boom! Quite impressive to say the least.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:03 PM

Mine would have to be the 7.62 NATO M249,
its awesome when you get a hold of some tracers and just light up a target, my target was an old washing machine.

Quick Reply: whats your favorite automatic weapon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.