Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

King Ranch edt Sako 75

Old 11-30-2005, 07:06 PM

Default King Ranch edt Sako 75

AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh I believe I found what Santy needs to bring down my chimney this year. Anyone seen anyof these yet? They really are a unique and beautiful gun. Sako basically took a 75 Deluxe and instead of tradional skipline checkering they CNCd the W logo of the King Ranch into small script for checkering. Another "W" is engraved and enlayed on the floorplate as well. It's not super shiny or overdonelike my Mark V Deluxe but it's an equally handsome rifle as well. One that I could QUICKLY see me using as a "go to" rifle for all around use. The one we got in at work today features the oil finished wood, high luster bluing and is sweetly chambered in .300WSM.

The only black luster scope we had on handwas a 4x12x50 VXII so I put it on the gun and stuck it in a vice on the counter to gauge customer reaction. It stopped MANY of them in their tracks with a simple on their faces. The rig is truly a beautiful combination that would be equally at home ina treestand as it would on the wall or in the safe. Now I just gotta figure out what size diamond ear rings to get "Mrs. Clause" so she wont holler about "another rifle". Danged wemunz, it aint our toyz that is expensive, it's their dadgum "hush money" that costs to damned much!!!

And I thought I would just be happy if Santa brought me a White Gold Medallion!
RA
Old 11-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: King Ranch edt Sako 75

nice looking gun but it would look a little better with a glossy finsh on the stock
Old 11-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a sweet looking rifle but I don’t think we’ll see one around here for quite a while. I sure wouldn’t mind getting a Sako in the 300 WSM, but I guess time will tell....
Old 11-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I handled one of those about a month ago, along with a Beretta O/U and M391 auto...all King Ranch editions. I dont know about other areas but here in South Texas that stuff sells like hotcakes. Seems that most folks cant afford to hunt there but they can have their KR edition Fords, bird bagsand firearms now
Old 12-01-2005, 06:12 PM

I found out more on them today. Beretta/Sako only built 1000 K.R. editions and they are only available in 3 calibers: 270Win, 30/06 and 300WSM with an equal number in each caliber. 300someodd in each caliber isn't very many in reality. I think I'm gonna jump on this 300WSM.

Now the hardest thing to find is an equally superb scope that is available in black luster. The only scopes from Leupold that struck my fancy was the VXII 4x12x50 but I would have to get mil-dots put in it in their custom shop. And the only big luster scope they buildtheB&C reticle in is the 4.5x14x50 VXIII. For now thatis what I am leaning towards. Nikon doesn't offer any mildots in their luster scopes. Theonly luster/mildots available from Burris isin the Fullfield II line, I would rather have a Sig or Black Diamond from them. Zeiss and Swarovskidon't even offer non-matte scopesanymore! [:@]I know it's superficialfor a "safequeen" but wth, you gotta have whatcha gotta have right?

Santy I PROMISE I been real real real good (too the4th power good) and deserve this rifle!
RA
Old 12-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are very fortunate to have the opportunity to have a queen as such. Hopefully you find the perfect scope for the finishing touch. Take care of her.