Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington 710 7mm

Old 08-30-2005, 02:41 PM

Default RE: Remington 710 7mm

Well, seeing that they have the Spartan line now, which was under another name (I can't remember which, but I think Bakial--sp?), I'd have to say Russia.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

You're right...Remington rebranded the Baikal guns with Spartan. However, the material I read talked about rifles with different actions than the type Remington makes, higher end o/u shotguns. The basic premise was there were a lot of areas in the gun world that Remington could expand into.

It's listed (I found the link) on the Remington web site. Transcript from the 2005 2nd Quarter conf call.

$#@%@ Seems like Remington's web site is down a couple of times a month. Can't get into it to pull up the transcript.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: xd9x19

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the "urban legend" of the bolt handle falling off in one's hand.
Meaning the bolt breaking or coming out like you'd take it out for cleaning? Cause I've had mine come off in my hand twice now. The 2nd time made me loose confidence in it so now its going down the road in favor of a Vanguard probably. The action and trigger leave somthing to be desired, but this being said my 710 30-06 put together nice groups and I even took a doe at 270 yards last season with one shot, so I'd say its a very usable rifle, But this fall I'm going out west and after having the bolt come out the 2nd time I've lost confidence in the gun for a situation where I'm spending alot of money to hunt and I may need a quick follow up shot, the last thing you want is stare at your animal as it runs away and you look stupidly after it with your bolt in one hand and the rifle in the other. I still havnt completely figured out why it came out because I havn't been able to duplicate the situation intentionally. I bought it because I needed a budget rifle that was ready to hunt, the bushnell scope got me through one season then I upgraded to a nikon prostaff, this made it a very usable rifle, the 710 gets alot of flack but most of it is about the ugly stock and the action, niether of which kept me from taking several deer with it, get comfortable shooting it and know what its capable of and you should be fine. As long as you can live with it thats whats important.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:54 AM

No, not meaning the bolt coming out of the rest of the action. Meaning that the actualy bolt handle breaks off at the solder.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:57 PM

i have had my .270 model 710 for almost 2 years with no problems. well today it has had some. the bolt is getting stuck. well hopefully figure something out soon. atleast it aint the day before deer season
Old 09-06-2005, 11:41 PM

well i took it out moose hunting over labor day weekend, and didnt have a single problem.
it woorked very well, and i took a 41in bull moose the second day of season
the rough bolt wasnt even noticeable when i put in a quick follow up shot to drop him.
and the accuracy is really great too
when sighting in, i put 11 shots in a 3in circle
Old 09-06-2005, 11:42 PM

at 100 yards
Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

the accuracy is really great too
when sighting in, i put 11 shots in a 3in circle
While you may consider that great accuracy,many of us don't.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

While not trying to be a forum policeman,......Stubblejumper's last comment wasnt very encouraging towards a young hunter. True, it's not going to be a 500 yard rifle but give the kid a break he did down a moose with it.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

The kid might actually believe that a 3" group is great accuracy because due to his lack of experience he hasn't seen better accuracy.I was just stating my opinion which is that neither myself or many others on these forums would agree with 3" being great accuracy even for 11 shots.

Quick Reply: Remington 710 7mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.