Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 WEATHERBY VANGUARD SUB MOA !!!! >

WEATHERBY VANGUARD SUB MOA !!!!

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

WEATHERBY VANGUARD SUB MOA !!!!

Old 08-17-2005, 04:42 AM

Default WEATHERBY VANGUARD SUB MOA !!!!

Has anyone tried out the new weatherby SUB MOA Vanguard? I just purchases a .257 Wby in this model for my son. Thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: WEATHERBY VANGUARD SUB MOA !!!!

The vanguard is made in Japan by Howa for Weatherby. They are a super strong well made rifle. They incorperate many different features that other manufacturers would charge hundreds of dollars for.

I have not shot a sub moa but the targets on every single one that we have received in the store have had groups measuring well under one inch with some printing a group of overlaping holes. For less than $700 that is outstanding accuracy. Heck that is outstanding accuracy from any rifle no matter the cost.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:41 PM

I concer with bigbulls completely!!You can,t go wrong with a vanguard.They orginally were designed off the Sako action years ago.And we all know about them i think? vangunsmith
Old 08-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think they have some of the ugliest stocks I've ever seen[:'(]That keeps me from getrting one[]
Old 08-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

The vanguards got a face lift either last year ot two years ago. Walmart still has some of the "ugly" standard vanguards though.

The sub moa rifles are also fitted with a typical Weatherby style (Bell and Carlson I think) stock that has the aluminum pillar bedding.

They look a lot better than they used to. In fact they are actually very nice looking rifles.