Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hi Point handguns

Old 06-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hi Point handguns

depends how desperate you are for handgun, Before I shelled out 130 bucks for a hi point I think I would buy either a BRNO CZ52 chambered for .30 Tokarev, 9mm conversions available or a Makarov chambered for 9x18, .380 conversions available. either of those are sold or can be ordered by most gun dealers for less then 130 bucks. good luck
Old 06-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pro-Line

I'd venture to say that most blasting the Hi-Points have never handled one. I teach the owner's son in school right now, and have owned a couple of them. I've never had a failure or jam.

They are heavy.
They are ugly.
They are well put-together.
They are a little bulky.

If you want a gun for conceal/carry, it's not your gun. If you want a gun for plinking or home defense....I wouldn't steer you away. I've never personally seen a failure, and I've been around them a lot.

Like I said...I doubt most have shot one...and they're the Hyundai of handguns, not the Cadillac.

you forgot to add to your list, they make a great paper weight and make a pretty good trotline anchor. Asfar as reliability they feed and fucntion great, just accuracy is a different story. My brother had one in 9mm, at 7 yards the accuracy was ok, after dumping out one full magazine the group was similar to a 00 buck shot pattern at 10 yards, at 15 yards you'd have better accuracy throwing rocks.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once again....another "somebody else had one, and it stunk"

My experiences are personal. I also know that they aren't Glocks....I understand that.

I just don't feel unsafe having one as a home defense weapon. Just me, I guess.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

At least we don't hear weekly stories of Hipoints blowing up like we do with .40 Glocks[8D]
Old 06-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dunno much about handguns, I only have one for home defense. Its a S&W .38.
But my brother has an older .22 highpoint auto with a heavy barrel. That thing is awsome ! it shoots like a .22 long gun, it's that accurate. I like it.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

But my brother has an older .22 highpoint auto with a heavy barrel. That thing is awsome ! it shoots like a .22 long gun, it's that accurate.
Are you sure it is a Hi Point and not a Hi Standard? I am not aware of Hi Point making a rimfire.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're right, Frizz...Hi-Point didn't make any rimfires.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frizzellr

But my brother has an older .22 highpoint auto with a heavy barrel. That thing is awsome ! it shoots like a .22 long gun, it's that accurate.
Are you sure it is a Hi Point and not a Hi Standard? I am not aware of Hi Point making a rimfire.
dayummm ! your good. LOL
your right, now that you mention it. Its a high standard. My bad. told you I dunno much about handguns.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks ok. You have proven you don't know much about terminal ballistics either.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my best Fonzie voice " Sit on it frizz "

Quick Reply: Hi Point handguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.