Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Feedback
 outfitter gone bad >

outfitter gone bad

Community
Feedback Exchange information about your transactions, both positive and negative.

outfitter gone bad

Old 01-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Default outfitter gone bad

guys im need some info, for those of you that have hunted in canada, esp, for black bear.i was reading on a outfitter site, and this 1 outfitter shot a small, and i mean small black bear. the hunter was mad cause his black bear , was all scuffed up and had missing hair, he made the comment that it wasnt a good rug.so , the outfitter let him take another bear, AND JUS SUPPOSEDLY THE LITTLE BEAR, COME UP MISSING FROM THE BOAT, AFTER IT WAS LEFT THERE OVERNIGHT...........NOW MY QUESTION IS THIS" HOW MANY BEARS CAN U KILL WITH A BEAR TAG?.......AND DID THE HUNTER BREAK ANY LAWS????????? IM JUST CURIOUS CAUSE THIS GUY IS SUPPOSED TO A PROFFESSSIONAL OUTFITTER, SEEMS TO ME LIKE I SHOULDNT WASTE MY MONEY WITH HIM........
Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 AM

Default RE: outfitter gone bad

Hey TX, I goto Canada yearly at least once sometimes more. This happens a lot, I know its against the regs. up there but, they are just like every place else. I personally wouldn't take any chances like this. But the residents up there know that the rangers, are few and far between. As for the hunter in your case, why did he shoot an ugly little bear? I don't think that has anything to do with the outfitter. The outfitter the laws he broke were getting rid of the bear IF that is what happened, in order to keep a paying customer happy for a return trip. Now it sounds like the story is a little twisted or hear say. So i wouldn't take it to heart. Use a quality outfitter, you paya alittle more for nice accomodations, a nice brochure, and a nice website, these places I have found offer the best all around trips.

cya