Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Enhancement Request / Wish List
An explaination regarding the off season forum >

An explaination regarding the off season forum

Community
Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

An explaination regarding the off season forum

Old 05-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default An explaination regarding the off season forum

Just a thought that an explaination would be nice to give to your customers.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

It's gone indefinitely.

If you've been in there anytime in the recent past, you'll know why.

While certainly there were users who used that forum in a fun and respectful way, there were simply too many users who could not.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
It's gone indefinitely.

If you've been in there anytime in the recent past, you'll know why.

While certainly there were users who used that forum in a fun and respectful way, there were simply too many users who could not.

I understand things like that are your decision and I can live with it. But I would like to respectfully make a suggestion or comment. Would it not be better to punish the individual offender(s) instead of the whole lot? I kind of enjoyed reading the posts and talking up a little bit of sports from time to time.

I'm not trying to bash your decision just hoping you may eventually reconsider.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I understand things like that are your decision and I can live with it. But I would like to respectfully make a suggestion or comment. Would it not be better to punish the individual offender(s) instead of the whole lot? I kind of enjoyed reading the posts and talking up a little bit of sports from time to time.

I'm not trying to bash your decision just hoping you may eventually reconsider.
+1 I shung out on the political side mostly, hunting is getting old for me. However, the off season I did enjoy to visit and post from time to time.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

The problem with just banning the 'trouble makers' was that the mods were trying to be nice and only ban a the worst... but those had their fanboys who felt it necessary to then constantly go after the moderators. So then a couple more would get nixed and then the next wave of fanboys would cry about it.
I don't think they even really cared about the banned members they'd just rather cause trouble.

The Off-season coming back depends on how many posts like Jeepkid show up vs. the posts made by VaHunter and Fieldmouse. If I see enough maturity and reasonable posting I might bring it back.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

All it takes is a few bad eggs to spoil it for everyone. If you have something to argue about with a Mod, Its best to take it Private PM so only you will be responsible for your actions.

Things are slow around here and that tends to get under peoples skin and thats when things start to happen.

The best option is to keep it down for a bit until tempers cool down and heads get put back on straight.

Hopefully others will learn from this..... We lost a great area on this forum, something i feel was the heart and soul of this forum.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Thank you Christine, I guess we'll have to do a better job at policing our own. I on the other hand am sometimes not that good in doing that whiling pushing peoples buttons. However, I will do my best.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering what had happened. Arguing with a Mod is bit like arguing with a host of a radio call-in show. They will always get the last word.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

well at least now i know,even though it stinks. hpoefully it'll be back soon!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to also request it come back, the off season forum was probably the most enjoyable forum, especially during the "non hunting" times of the year. Yes there were some trouble makers, but it was a minority. Here's hoping we can get it back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.