Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Technical/Forum Help > Enhancement Request / Wish List
An explaination regarding the off season forum >

An explaination regarding the off season forum

Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

An explaination regarding the off season forum

Old 06-08-2010, 10:46 AM
New Sheriff

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
We did discuss this a bit today and we will bring back the 'off season' but it will probably be next week before it's back up.

Keep it 'fun' and without the personal attacks/overt sexual references and other things that keep me swimming in email complaints and you will be fine. However, we absolutely will not tolerate anymore of the moderator/site bashing. As I have said before, you don't have to like the moderation, but you do have to respect it. (at least on the boards, you can hate us all you want in private. )

BTW, New user registrations are actually up a bit since it's been taken down. (and they're not just the banned users coming back. LOL.)
Next week came and left. Any news on a timeline?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Probably on Thursday.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Taco?
never saw it...
i am thinkin maybe i don wanna kno either...
christine...be kewl if it happened on wednesday ..that is a special day for my mom. lol some of the stories she tells would certainly make ya doubt it lol
Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by mr4pt
Next week came and left. Any news on a timeline?
so did my enhancement request. I hope the came comes back to the off season forum though.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

For everyone's info. If you have a question/dispute about moderation, you can email or pm me. If you write "so and so is dork because they gave me a warning I didn't deserve" or multitudes of other questions/statements I wouldn't allow to stand as a post on the boards, it's okay in a private email/pm.....

However, please know that you can be banned for inappropriate pm's. Do not send harrassing, explicit or vulgar PM's to moderators, Admin and particularly other users. No harrassing on this site, public or private, will be tolerated.

(Don't worry, I'm not going to sniff around people's pm's looking for someone forwarding a dirty joke to someone else. I'm talking un-solicited hostile/harrassing stuff.)

Thank you.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new Off Season....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/campfire-117/
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
(Don't worry, I'm not going to sniff around people's pm's looking for someone forwarding a dirty joke to someone else. I'm talking un-solicited hostile/harrassing stuff.)

Thank you.
Just for clarification, moderators and admin can view our private messages between members?? I would just like to know in case I wanted to send my safe combination or my checking information to a buddy. I have even sent my home address to members to mail me things I have bought from them. Is all this accessible by mods and admin?? How private is a private message? Thanks in advance for your response.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 06-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Short answer: Yes, Administrators can view your private messages. Mods cannot.

Having said that.... We do not go snooping around in your messages. I can only think of one time, about 5 years ago where I went in and checked someone's messages... and this was because one user allegedly had threatened to kill another member.. and I had to find out if this was true.

Personally, I consider going through somebody's private messages rude and an invasion of privacy. So only under certain -rare- circumstances would I do so.

This is something to keep in mind at all the internet message boards that you visit. most all forum software allows the administrators to access your private messages.
Be careful with your sensitive information.

(BTW, neither admins or moderators can see your password.. we can reset one for you... but we can't see 'em... so rest easy there.)