Community
Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

Survival Forum

Old 03-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Survival Forum

There are a lot of reasons that we, as hunters, should be taking survival skills seriously, and many of us carry much of what we’d need to survive if necessary in our packs while hunting. I am in the process of reevaluating my pack and changing some of the contents to lighter weight items. Sure they may not be as good, but I am hoping to never use them, and will be of great benefit if they’re ever needed.

I like to use this time of year to overcome cabin fever and take the kids out to camp as much as possible. During these outings I like to make use of my time by testing different methods of survival and try new things. It could be something found outside that occurs naturally, or store bought. For instance this year I’m going to be teaching my children how to make fire without anything store bought. Last year I taught them how to make a good shelter and where it should be placed, and we focused on what to do if lost.

Being with children outdoors is great, and when you’re able to teach them some cool tricks that may one day save their lives, that is even better. I can't think of a better place to share info on this subject. Besides, my children like many love this kind of activity and I'm sure yours do or would as well, but my reason for this post is to see if anyone is interested in a “survival” forum. Please respond if you think you could make use of such a forum.

Thanks,

KP
Old 03-23-2007, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Survival Forum

I couldn't agree with this more. I took my first survival course while still a boy scout, my instuctor was an ex-Seal. The guy was fightin crime in another dimension but I learned alot. Since then, I don't step foot into the woods without a survival kit of some kind. Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Camping - I bring supplies everytime, no exception.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it sounds like a neat idea. I think it would be cool to hear about survival stories and little things, or big things that they did to get out of the woods. This idea gets my vote.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 AM

I didn't really even think about the stories portion of it, that would be fun too! Originally I had just been thinking about the tips/tricks/advice kind of stuff. I guess stories would have eventually gotten in there anyway. I hope this little dream comes true, it would be a great addition to the boards.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

I vote yes to proposition 41 "survival forum"
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think its a good idea as well, good call Killer Primate.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:07 AM

A big YES! to survival forum...its simply a basic and ver important skill...It should also include wilderness travel.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I vote Yes too. I think that it would be a welcome addition.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:53 PM

I also vote yes. A busy forum like this could use one. I just wonder how much actual useful stuff will pop up in it.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that a forum of this nature, would be a good idea as long as it stayed with the topic. Reason, we have a lot of youth annew comers that are being introduced to hunting an other aspects of hunting, fishing, an etc. I feel it could play a role anwould be beneficialif someonegot into situation, it could help the out come, as long as there were not any liability issues.

Quick Reply: Survival Forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.