Community
Enhancement Request / Wish List Please post any enhancement requests here. We will review them all, but please understand that we may or may not be able to include them in future releases.

new verison of the site

Old 06-14-2005, 08:36 PM

Default new verison of the site

i noticed u change the sight alittle and no offense but i dont like it. when i scroll down sometimes it just all turns into lines and takes a second for it to go back to normal. and i just like the old version better. its all very good tho. just puttin my opinion
Old 06-14-2005, 10:05 PM

Default RE: new verison of the site

Also with the change I cannot post with Mozilla Firefox anymore either, which makes me very unhappy. Does anybody know how I can fix this?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't reply from home either....

EDIT: WOW!! 7:14pm on 6/15/05 I was able to post to Hunting.net from my home PC on the new version with AOL 9.0 optimized, IE6, on Windows XP Home on a Dell Dimension PC!

WOO-HOO!!!!
Butch A.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Icedragon

Also with the change I cannot post with Mozilla Firefox anymore either, which makes me very unhappy. Does anybody know how I can fix this?
I'm posting using a Mozilla Firefox . . .I just downloaded it a couple of days ago. Prior to that my Norton wasn't letting me post without going thru a lot of changes. I've since took my Norton off and got the Adware plus Spyware, etc.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:32 PM

This is my first post in about 3 years. Ever since they went to cookies/IP logging I couldn't login in with Norton Internet Security w/ IE6. I wasn't about to turn off my firewall just to post to a website, so I just moved on to other things.

I'm not sure if it's switching to Mozilla or something they've changed on their end, but I can finally visit this site again!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

All the changes, and still no optics forum.[&o]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:30 AM

I am on Firefox, and I can't paste, as in cut & paste. Please fix this.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

You can paste if you use 'ctrl v' Copy like regular then click in the reply box where you want to paste your stuff and press ctrl plus the 'v' key. It should paste.

Try it and let me know.

-Christine A. (owner of a keyboard old enough to not have the little 'copy' 'paste' and other notations on the keys.) [:-]
Old 07-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

You can paste if you use 'ctrl v' Copy like regular then click in the reply box where you want to paste your stuff and press ctrl plus the 'v' key. It should paste.
Good tip and it works. I've also noticed than when you attempt to add a quote later in a post, it deletes everything else in the post during the "reloading" process. Not a good thing and annoying.

Sven, I'm using Norton Internet Security and mozilla also. When they first amde the change, I couldn't stay logged in or post because of a cookie issue. I followed admin's directions on clearing the cookie cache and restarting. It worked fine and my firewall is still turned on. I have mine set at medium security. Is yours set at the highest level? Perhaps that's why it was causing you problems.

p.s. I forgot to mention that Norton has a new spyware addition to Internet Security and they are selling it for $10 to existing customers (versus $60 something for new buyers). I'm waiting to recive mine and hope it clears up a few more of the adware/spyware probelms.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

So why is it that we can’t have an optic forum???? It would make things allot easier for everyone. It’s not as if we’re asking for the moon...