Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Gun Debate

Old 02-12-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Gun Debate

Hey Guys, Sorry i hav'ent been visiting ya'll but I've been over in the GUNS FORUM arguing with an idiot. Just because i made a mistake buying a rifle he does'nt like' he has been bad mouthing me and others who don't agree with him. Now he's calling me a liar for saying i have had a stroke and am intitled to a mistake. It's quite humorous all in all. Gets the blood flowing and gives me something to do now that deer seasons over....By the way , do any of you folks crow hunt ? I am going to try and make it out today and see how it goes. Would appriciate any tips you may have on bringing them in... ''SEE YA IN THE WOODS''.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:02 PM

Default RE: Gun Debate

Hey Joe
I have always wanted to do it but everytime I get close they are gone, Im gonna have to rig up a blind of sorts and try to call them in. I have a .223 so if I can get them within 100 to 175 yards there mine. Let us know how you do and good luck. Jimmy
Old 02-15-2005, 01:21 PM

Hey Jim , How are things going ? Yeah i had a real good time crow hunting . Put out a owl decoy first time out ''in a tree about 5 ft. off the ground'' but they would'nt come in no matter how much i called . Then someone told me to try putting the owl on the ground about 30 yds. out from my blind . WOW !!. A few calls later in they came . I was shooting my Rem. 870 with #6 high brass shot . It sure does a number on them. Can't wait til Thur. to go again.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:02 AM

Hey Joe
Sounds like a fantastic time, Im gonna get me a few decoys maybe an owl and some grows together might work in front of a blind. Im just waitin for the temps to warm up some then I'll go back out. Thanks for the tip on the owl decoy. I'll let you know if I do any good. Jimmy