Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

[Deleted]

Old 12-17-2004, 01:51 PM

Default RE: Disabilities

Ed,Do not fill bad,things happen in our life that we have no control over.But we can take these - and make them a +.I'm 52 years of age was born with Cerabal Palsy and have work all my life till three years ago.My body has finally said, "your done".I love to fish (ocean) I fish three day a week it was my life.I had to sale my 28 rods plus reels and 4 boxes of gear plus my flyfishing gear and fly tying stuff.And to top that off it took me three years to get my SSDI and in that time I lost everything I had. But I have just started shooting a bow from a wheelchair and love it.The folks I shoot with are the nice people and give me alot of help.Archery has giving me a way to enjoy life and a new start.So what I'am trying to say is take one day at a time,it will get better, you just have to do things a little different then most folks,And you get to park closer to the storesLive everyday to the fullest,Take Care L.A. Blevens
Old 12-19-2004, 01:53 AM
Typical Buck

You know with all talk about ramps and stands, I should draw one up (architectural drafter for 18 years). It easy to design but building it would much harder.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:52 PM

Mr. Owens.

Just by your post, I have a great deal of respect for you. Being declared "disabled" for employment purposes is to cover your employer's butt. Just because you are eligible for certain benefits does not mean you have to take advantage of those benefits. If you are physically capable of doing the things you have in the past, Keep doing them until you are not able, your doctor or wife tells you can't. However please do not let pride drive you to do something that you will end up regreting.

God Bless
Old 01-03-2005, 08:18 PM

Oh Edward, never, EVER be ashamed for having problems and ailments!!! You are only human, as are we all, and although the body may have failed you in some form, it doesn't change the person you are inside, and that's what really matters.

It is tough, I know...no one wants to be labeled "disabled", but truly it's nothing to be ashamed of. You hold your head up high and do what you have to do for yourself. And don't give a rats patoot what any selfish person may think - - those kind of people don't matter anyway.

Have confidence and pride in your virtues and abilities, focus on those. Disability can't take that away from you!

Blessings.