Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

It Never Stops

Old 12-13-2004, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default It Never Stops

I have Diabetes that just will not regulate, no matter what meds the dr. puts me on.

I have weak heart mussles from conjestive heart failer from 1999.

My pancreas whats still left of it is the size of a guarter.

So I have to take pills so my food will dijest.

My Back has three bad places in it.

I have a compressed disc in my neck,

A compressed disc middle way of my back.

And a bulging disc between the L4 and L5

My kidneys are leaking protein like pouring it out of bucket.

Now with all this the.

Dr. says my morning stiffness and pain is comeing from Rhomatoid Arthitis.

Will it ever End ?

I was takeing Voix and you see what happened to that medicine.

So I stop takeing it.

With no replacement for it so I will be in more pain.

Any one else haveing these kind of problems ?

And how do you cope with it ?

Thank You

jrbsr
Old 12-13-2004, 09:44 AM

Default RE: It Never Stops

jrbsr I have had 14 heart Attacks my first when I was 34 years old my last one I was 51 and was told then while lying on the table going thru a angiogram and was told there is nothing they can do and I should just go home and take it easy, on top of that I have chronic lower lumbar facet and chronic bursitis in both hips, my thyroid doesnt work so I am taking a synthetic thyroid hormone my hearing is so bad that with hearing aids I still cant hear very well and what I do hear I cant tell which direction the sound is coming from. My right shoulder is broken from a fall last year and Ive torn my left rotor cuff twice. Now most of these problems could be corrected with sugery but they wont do the surgerys because of my heart condition so I am forced to live in pain all the time. I was on Viox and then they changed me to Bextra which is now as bad as Viox so they took me off of that and put me on Lortab which only takes the edge off of the pain. I only cope because of the anti depressants they have me on and even then its still a battle. Thanks to the state of Wisconsin my meds are covered other wise Id have to go with out most of them. I had to move here from Kansas because Kansas would not help me with anything except the food stamps, I dont get enough money to go and visit my kids and grandkids who are in Kansas and when I finally save enough to make the trip the damn junk car always breaks down. I havent seen my newest granddaughter who is now 1 year old, my kids cant afford to come up here cause of work and and to many kids to bring along. I just go on because I have to I have no choice! Jimmy
Old 12-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, I'm just kinda depressed, been thinking too much about disability. I have to start thinking I'm not going to get it so I won't be that disappointed .

/Rant

SSA's blue book lists Systematic Vasculitis and Systematic Lupus (SLE)as diseases severe enough to disabled. The most dangerous form of SLE is when they develop CNS vasculitis, which I have. I can show 5 year history and show it will always be with me. So, under their guidelines, I'm disabled and I shouldn't even have to see a psych and be awarded SSDI automatically.

/end Rant

University hospital doctor's are always the best. Check them first. Universities always hire the brightest and most experience to teach. Initially, I saw 3 neurologists and they didn't know anything, one actually admitted it to me. Went to see a university neurologist and she nailed my dx.

Well anyways, there are other things people with disabilities can do. Alot of people with disabilities are now doing the ebay thing. Check out:

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/

Some people are selling one item a day and some 4-5 a day. At an average of $5-$10 profit/item (one lady is selling sewing books) that's $25-$50 a day to suppliment SSDI. Even if you sell one every other day, that's $5 *15 = $75/month extra. People go to used stores like salvation army stores to buy stuff then sell.

Well, I hope this helps and get people thinking of doing things other than being depressed. Remember, being disabled doesn't mean just giving up.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:27 AM

Ive been buying and selling on ebay for the last 2 years but havent done anything in the last5 months as the economy slowed the sales to almost a stand still. Now is the time to buy as prices are lower and bidders are fewer.Jimmy
Old 12-29-2004, 09:21 PM

Did you all ever think about putting up a Web site? You all seem to know an awful lot about hunting, so you could do a hunting site and then find affiliates to advertise for and get commissions. I did that for years while on full disability and while it wasn't enough to live on, it doubled what I got from the disability. You're on the computer already, from there your work would be getting traffic to your site, and forums like this can help, on top of word of mouth, etc. You don't have to spend a lot on advertising. Just an idea - and just to be sure, I'm not talking about any of these rip-off, fly-by-night make money scams on the 'net! You don't want to get mixed up in those, but an honest to goodness web site and some hard work on the computer and you could earn some extra money that can make a huge difference in your life. Just my 2 cents -- but from experience!
Old 12-30-2004, 07:42 PM

Welcome defendwihunters I sure do like that name. I like your Idea about a web site but I dont have the foggiest idea on how to set one up let alone where to go to get one. I am totally lost with HTML. If anyone has the knowledge to do this and want to let me know Id be there %100. Id love to do it as now that most hunting is over Im gonna have a lot of time to kill. I will still be going out squirrel and varmit hunting but not full time only when the weather is nice. Im going to check around the net and see about setting up a web site hell it will give me something to do. Thanks and again Welcome!!!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Thank you, Idahunter, for the kind words!

I know how to make sites, Idahunter, maybe we can work something out. We can do it all over the computer and no strings attached. Well, maybe one eventually but it won't cost you a cent - I'm studying for a Technical Diploma in Web design and might want to list any sites I've made in my portfolio, but only if you agreed (would still help if you didn't care for that) but it also benefits you in that it sends you more traffic. But right now that's not even an issue, as I have studies to complete yet. But I've been making Web sites for over five years now on my own, so it isn't like I'm totally green here. Here's three I have online now:
http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com
http://www.bellybytes.com
http://www.dial452pray.org

But one thing - you have to come up with all the content and if you have friends or people here who want to go in on it, that part is all between you and them...I would just create the site for you. Let me know with a reply and we'll go from there, okay. God bless.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:49 PM

ORIGINAL: defendwihunters

Thank you, Idahunter, for the kind words!

I know how to make sites, Idahunter, maybe we can work something out. We can do it all over the computer and no strings attached. Well, maybe one eventually but it won't cost you a cent - I'm studying for a Technical Diploma in Web design and might want to list any sites I've made in my portfolio, but only if you agreed (would still help if you didn't care for that) but it also benefits you in that it sends you more traffic. But right now that's not even an issue, as I have studies to complete yet. But I've been making Web sites for over five years now on my own, so it isn't like I'm totally green here. Here's three I have online now:
http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com
http://www.bellybytes.com
http://www.dial452pray.org

But one thing - you have to come up with all the content and if you have friends or people here who want to go in on it, that part is all between you and them...I would just create the site for you. Let me know with a reply and we'll go from there, okay. God bless.
That would work for me! You can count me in and I'll do my best as far as content I also have a few buddies that would probably go along also. Jimmy
Old 01-03-2005, 06:52 PM

Sounds good, Idahunter!!! You get it all together, check with your friends, give me an idea of what you want it about and how you want it to look and we can get started. Lots of winter left here in WI and I stay in out of the cold, so who knows, we could have a good start on this in no time! I would suggest the first thing you do is think of a domain name - they're very inexpensive to register -- we'll worry about that later, for now just think of a few names for your site and start getting some content together. Remember lesson #1 in a successful Web site - CONTENT IS KING! Keep me posted, okay? And if you wish, IM me and I'll send you my e-mail address, okay? Any questions, just ask! This could be a lot of fun! And I'll probably learn a lot, too! I always enjoy that!
Old 01-03-2005, 07:15 PM

PHEONIX BIRD HUNTING-from out of the ashes disabled hunters rise again- to support, educate, and tackle questions head-on concerning regulating laws

for a name?

pheonix bird logo?

just daydreamin

Quick Reply: It Never Stops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.