Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
Disabled Vet Question? >

Disabled Vet Question?

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Disabled Vet Question?

Old 04-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Disabled Vet Question?

I am trying to find a contact for Disabled Veterans hunting/fishing programs, preferably in Va. I was shocked that there is to my knowledge no disabled hunter/fishing org. in Va. and wanted to see what I could do to get one rolling.

The Tazman
Old 04-15-2002, 10:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Disabled Vet Question?

Thanks mudfish, I will check out Va.'s DNR.

The Tazman
Old 04-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pa,bont have a seperate Veterans disabled hunters org. either.Im a 100% disabled vet and have to pay all the same fees as anyone.The fees dont bother me ,It is just the terrible system the State has for all disabled hunters.Sure you can get a vehicle permit,but how many deer will you shoot from a vehicle with a bow.They dont let you drive off the road with a ATV to get to a good spot on public land.And there is so many places that is closed to huntin,that they could open up for the disabled.I could have all the regs exceptions in the world, Dont do me any good if I cant get to the areas where the deer are.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:07 PM
Spike

It's the same for me here in Missouri, Cardeer. I'm also a 100% disabled vet. The only perk I've got was my crossbow permit and a permit to shoot from a stationary vehicle. Like you said you can't drive a vehicle into most places, except private land, so that permit doesn't do me a whole lot of good.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:16 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am trying to find a contact for Disabled Veterans hunting/fishing programs, preferably in Va. I was shocked that there is to my knowledge no disabled hunter/fishing org. in Va. and wanted to see what I could do to get one rolling.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Tazman - Here's a link to the PVA(Paralyzed Veterans of America)sports & recreation page. There's contact information you could use.
http://www.pva.org/NEWPVASITE/sports...portsindex.htm

Also, here's a link to the Disabled Sportsmans Access Act:
http://www.pva.org/NEWPVASITE/sports...ation/dsaa.htm There's a few participants in Virginia that are listed:
Fort A.P. Hill, MCB Quantico & Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries!!!

Edited by - Chairman on 04/16/2002 12:21:41
Old 04-17-2002, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Chairman thanks I emailed them, I will keep you informed.

The Tazman