Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Disabled Archers Need Help >

Disabled Archers Need Help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Disabled Archers Need Help

Old 04-29-2008, 06:29 PM

Default Disabled Archers Need Help

My name is Joe and I run a chapter of a national non profit. The crossbow guys really came through, so I am in hopes that same kindness can be found here!

Being a new Chapter, we have nada, zilch, goose egg! If you could start with less than zero, that is where I am starting from!

Our mission is to get those with physical disabilities outside and hunting again. Some need a crossbow, others, crave to try a compound or recurve.

I am looking for (tax deductible!) donation of a compound and recurve bow. We also need arrows. I have a experienced archer that can trim them to size if we can get him all the components so they will fit the individual person we are helping. It does not have to be new, used is great! Perfect way to get a tax right off, and go get that new bow to practice with over the summer!

Thank you in advance, and if you have ANY questions, please PM me and I will answer promptly. Most of the people we serve have a draw wt. from 40lbs to 65(that being the very high end up to this point. Right now, they are having to use a bow that is not set up for them, and most of the owners do not want to tear it all up as they have it set for themselves. We have about 5 die hard verticle bow guys and they would be thrilled with a recurve or compound they could make their own so they can practice for hunts this fall. Within 50 miles of where I am at, these guys can shoot white tails, elk, mule deer, and antelope. Not to mention upland birds, varmits and predators.

I really do hope that some one has some old gear laying around, THANKS!

Joe
Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disabled Archers Need Help

Have you contacted the PCBA (Physically Challenged Bowhunters Association)? I know they have a lot of stuff going on. If I had something... I'd help out.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 PM

I am a member of PCBA and have not asked them for help. I know from talking to Karen that the want list for the organization is much bigger than what I am trying to do.

I see your from Norman, I use to live near Pittsburg KS, and go to OK for hog hunting!

Joe
Old 04-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Fork Horn

I only own one bow. If we wanted to give you some cash to go buy whatever you wanted how would we go about that? I understand what you are doing because my father in law has a degenerative nerve disease. I will probably have a crossbow to donate next year.[&o]
Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you have a web site that we can link to? I have a bunch of aluminum arrows I could donate but I also have a sceptical side.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:18 AM

The National website, still getting work done, but you can check it out at http://www.outdoorswithoutlimits.org/, you can send them a money donation, or my chapter. I am trying to raise stuff currently for my chapter. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks,
Joe
Old 04-30-2008, 12:36 PM

Default C'mon Guys!

I know more people have to have hunting junk laying around. I would not be pleaing like this unless I really needed the help. Any hunting equipment, old camo, and old bow, be it a compound or traditional. Anything that will help me get disabled hunters in the field. I really need some help, or I am going to have tell these folks that they will have to wait even longer. My goal is is to field at least 5 disabled hunters with a traditional or compound bow this fall. For many it may be the last time they get to take to the field. Please look around and see what you can spare, even a gift card so we can buy bow strings, arrows, something. Thank you in advance for hearing my plea.

Joe
Old 04-30-2008, 12:52 PM

Default RE: C'mon Guys!

I have a couple of onida eagles lying around would those be any interrest other than that I just have the bows I use all the time
Old 04-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I need a little more info from you ,maybe a picture or two ,the web site you posted does not work.Ages and sizes might help.

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
www.outdoorswithoutlimits.org
Wed Apr 30 19:53:17 2008
Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) PHP/5.2.3 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7m mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.7
Old 04-30-2008, 01:58 PM

Yes if I new this was a real thing I would have no problem donating these bows

Quick Reply: Disabled Archers Need Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.