Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 01-03-2005, 08:58 PM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

bigkentk Thanks I had thought of putting a brake on it, will that change anything ballistically? Im gonna call a gun smith and see how much it will be to install a brake any particular ones? Thanks Jimmy
Old 01-03-2005, 10:27 PM

Hunter,as far as ballistics there will be no change there but they get a bit louder.I have three guns with brakes on them now and they do the trick.You will always hear people say that that their to loud with the breaks on. when you shoot targets you should protect your ears with or without the brakes.most people dont wear hearing protection anyhow thats how brain dead they are.when your hunting you never really hear your gun fire. I know gander mountian gunsmiths install brakes for about 150.00.Most guys are not willing to spend any more on their guns than they have too.bigkentk
Old 01-04-2005, 12:34 PM

bigkentk I dont mind spending money on my gun as it is a tool that helps me bring home the meat and while doing that I enjoy it immensly. Thanks for the idea of a muzzle brake I am going to have it done. Jimmy
Old 01-22-2005, 10:38 AM

Hi Folks, I guess i'm the new kid on the block. I just found this forum yesterday and was glad to see there are others out there who wish to share there hunting experiences and ideas. I live in N.C right now but plan on moving to Virginia this spring, good deer hunting and good fishing there. Hope to talk to all of you soon... See Ya In The Woods....Kenny
Old 02-01-2005, 07:35 PM

Hey Joe-beef welcome to the forum glad to have you here. Sorry about the belated welcome but my computer took a nose dive and it took me awhile to get it up and going but again welcome and hope to hear more from you. Jimmy
Old 02-25-2005, 03:23 PM

hi lord, give me a hollar sometime, its hard to find a place to hunt when disabled! bear

p.s. disabled vet
Old 02-25-2005, 03:27 PM

[email protected] or [email protected]
Old 02-25-2005, 10:40 PM

Default RE: 1 dahunter

let me know when ya want to go down, maybe we can split the trip!!!!

[email protected] or [email protected]

disabled vet.................
Old 03-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose it depends on how you define disabled, Im disabled and also a hunter but im not missing any limbs and i also I dont suffer from paralysis or anything of that sort. I suffer from a mental illness known as OCD (obsessive compulsive dissorder) I also have IBS (irritable bowl syndrone) which in my case is associated with nervousness caused by my OCD, No im not unstable, im not psycho, my illness doesnt keep me from being responsible with firearms. My illnesses however makes it very difficult to keep a job, esspecially the line of work i was in. But with time the right medication and counselling, I will soon beable to resume a normal life. if you have any questions about OCD how it starts or what causes it or what caused me to come down with this illness, feel free to ask.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:26 PM

HighDesertWolf a disability is a disability and no matter what it is we all have to work through our disability to do the things we want to do. My disability is coronary and also IBS lower lumbar facet chronic bursitis both hips broken right shoulder and twice torn left rotor cuff which all could be fixed by surgery but because of my heart they wont do the surgerys. The main thing I have learned is dont ever give up, keep pushing to do what you want other wise life gets very boring and depression sets in. God Bless Jimmy

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.