Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters >

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Old 12-12-2004, 11:08 AM

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Welcome ican glad to have you here! There are alot of disabled people here they just dont post much. You can tell by the posts who are regulars, and the rest probably read the posts on a regular basis but just dont post to often. I really would like to see this forum take off. I try to answer all posts so no one feels ignored as this is not the place to do that. I can only speak for my self but since I became disabled I started to become depressed and felt life had let me down but thanks to my good doctors I am on an anti depressant that works great most of the time. I still get down and when I do I just go to bed and shut the world off and when I wake up Im usually ok. I hope we hear more from you and again welcome. Jimmy
Old 12-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

1dahunter, I know the weather bothers alot. Have you looked at California or Texas? I know Cali has some good benefits. Tx has alot of game.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:55 PM

Mite Ive been looking around and California the cost of living is horrendous and Texas Ive still got to do some research. I want to stay in a rural area as I lived 49 years in a big city and cant stand it, every bodys always in a rush. Ive been checking the medicaid allowance from state to state which helps a little but doesnt say anything about the cost of living. Rental assistance and stuff like that. That was the reason I contacted you just to see what it was like there. Thanks so much Jimmy
Old 12-29-2004, 10:51 AM

Hey Bigkentk Just wanted to let you know that I had the best deer season so far, I filled both of my tags and filled a buddys tags then filled a tag for a man that cant see sure made my year. All together I got 3 bucks and 3 does. I have only been able to get one deer a season until this year and it sure made me feel good. Whats really hard to believe is that I got them all in public hunting areas. I got 3 in one day, it was real windy about 40+ mph winds and sleeting the deer were not moving and there were no hunters out and I found the deer in the heavy pines trying to get out of the wind and it was easy as there were logging roads all through there so I just drove the logging roads and shot from the window of my car. I know where to go during high winds and lousy weather now. The deer arent used to seeing vehicles driving through so they just stood there and stared. I normally dont drive those logging roads as hunters are in there and I dont want to piss any one off but that day there wasnt a soul around so I drove in. I did notice while feild dressing them that you could hear the wind just howling but there wasnt any wind in the pines. I learned something new. Our deer hunting contest is about to come to an end and we are way ahead of every one else we have 6 of our 7 allotted bucks and the other teams only have 2 and some only have 1 and a few teams havent gotten any we are just kickin butt and I love it. Jimmy
Old 12-29-2004, 12:26 PM

Hunter,Sounds like you did good .But you have to bee in the right place at the right time.
Seens that once you find the pattern the rest just falls in to place.Good thing the season is over now you get a chance to rest your shoulder for a while.glad to hear that you were able to help out the guy with vision trouble now he has a few snacks in which to eat.Hope your X Mass was good for you .bigkentk Santa brought you lots of meat.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:52 PM

bigkentk I really enjoyed it and your right about my shoulder I was on Bextra for the pain and now they have taken me off of it because it can cause heart attacks and strokes in post bypass patients so Im back on Lortab for the pain and Ive taken them so long that its like candy just takes the edge off and thats about it. My .270 I sent back to Mossberg as it definately has some flaws the magazine is sloppy and if you dont precisely load it you will get a jam or not chamber a round. Once I released the safety and the damn thing fired and my finger was no where near the trigger. I told them I didnt want it back and since they dont give refunds I can pick another Mossberg product. So far I havent heard from them since I sent the gun back gonna call them tomorrow and see whats up. Jimmy
Old 12-29-2004, 09:47 PM

Hunter. Good luck with the company they should get that issue settled with you in a timely order i hope. They will proubly just fix the one you sent them hope you get what you want with a diffrent gun.
They dont like to give that up so easy.bigkentk
Old 12-31-2004, 06:26 PM

Bigkentk Talked to the Mossberg rep and he told me they were going to repair mine and I told the guy that was fine but dont send it to me cause I dont want it as I feel its an unsafe gun so they are going to send me the same model only in 30.06 Well thats ok when I get it I will trade it off as the .270 was bad enough on my shoulder and I dont like the 30.06 it doesnt shoot as flat as a .270 or at least thats what I was lead to believe. I would love to get my hands on a .243rem but those things are way out of my price range. Well any way at least the 30.06 will be new so trading it off shouldnt be much of a problem. Jimmy
Old 12-31-2004, 07:26 PM

This is my first time on this site, I am disabled and just getting back into hunting.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:06 AM

Welcome Dave105 glad to have you here with us, this forum has a great bunch of folks not many post very often but they are here and if you have any questions thell try to help. Hope we hear more from you. I hope this new year is a great and prosperous one for you.Jimmy

Quick Reply: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.