Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
Help loading deer on atv >

Help loading deer on atv

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Help loading deer on atv

Old 12-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Spike

Default Help loading deer on atv

I have a hip replaced and back problem. Can anyone give me info on what i can do on loading a deer on a atv.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

get a small trailer with a dump bed, get a winch for the back of the ATV or the front of the trailer , back it up , dump the bed, roll out the cable on the winch , attach to deer..push the button , it loads and lifts the bed so you can lock it back in place.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

well they have a thing you stick on your reece hitch. you slide the deer onto it and pull forward and it flips the deer in your truck. I bet you could make one for a atv
Old 12-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

check this out. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true
Old 12-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Spike

thanks for all the info
Old 12-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Fork Horn

All you need is a rope and tie him to the hitch. Draging them aint gonna hunt them one bit.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

that would depend on how far. A deer sled would do good fo dragging though.
Originally Posted by tourangeaud
All you need is a rope and tie him to the hitch. Draging them aint gonna hunt them one bit.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by tourangeaud
Depends what you're dragging it over and if you're getting it stuffed. You want to avoid as many tears as possible. Although if you aren't, then that would be fine.

If you check around places like Cabela's and other sporting goods stores, I'm sure you can get plenty of help from someone who works there.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Spike

I had a large buck one time go down a ravine into a deep creek. Took the atv down and used the winch to get him up the bank then i threw a rope over a tree limb and used the atv to pull him into the air and tied the rope to a tree. Just pull high enough to get the atv under it. Then i drove under the deer and lowered him onto the front rack of the atv. With the added weight i went right up the ravine. I also tie a deer to the hitch and drag them slow. If you tie them short to the neck it really doesn't hurt a thing. Agree if you are mounting one then care must be more.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

i have a 07 polaris 500 x2,it has a dumpbed big enough for a deer,but it sets to high to get a big deer up on by myself. i had this problem in 08. so i built a 44in x 22 in square rack and hinged it about a foot off the ground on the front of my brushguard. now this is a bigger then usual atv ,its 8ft long and weighs 833lbs so it will handle the extra weight out front . sense then i have haul every deer we've killed on the rack. just pick them up with the winch and go. it only take 2 bolt to remove it. and when not in use it flold up flat against the front of the ATV.