Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Disabled Hunters
 What do I do now >

What do I do now

Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

What do I do now

Old 04-15-2008, 07:39 AM

Default What do I do now

Last summer I got thrown from a horse, I shattered both arms, have mild to moderate nerve damage in my right and severe nerve damage in my left. I just got a disabled archery hunter's permit so I can use a crossbow for archery season. My dad has one he said I can borrow but I'd like to get my own setup. What do I look for in a crossbow?
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Inactive

Default RE: What do I do now

I suggest you post this in the Crossbow Forum. You may get more responses.

Sorry to hear about your accident, and i hope you get set up and bag that big buck.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Spike

hey aspeelma welcome to the world of unique hunters.crossbows make better archers that,l stir things up eh!! string pullers got a string two rollers and a bowstring clip . ADD 2.5 to3 ft of extra line thicker to each end of the puller put loop over shoulder l to r or r to l and stand up brother !!! dun it fer yars works fine ps ... put foot in stirrup the levered models are for normies rat trap for us......psps don,t slip out of stirrup yes i did......
Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 PM

there are several great corssbows out there IE Horton,tenpoint, many others. It depends on what you want to spend because some of them can be very pricy
Old 04-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: aspeelma

Last summer I got thrown from a horse, I shattered both arms, have mild to moderate nerve damage in my right and severe nerve damage in my left. I just got a disabled archery hunter's permit so I can use a crossbow for archery season. My dad has one he said I can borrow but I'd like to get my own setup. What do I look for in a crossbow?
Sorry to hear about your accident!

WhicheverX-bow youhave decided on, soundslike you will need a CockingCrank on it.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Spike

I have non curable cancer and have nerve damage to my right leg and arm and fingers. Six weeks after a 11 hr surgery i used my Excaliber crossbow with the crank on the handle and shot my biggest deer yet. Just sat on the ground against a large oak tree. It can be done my friend. This year i shot a doe with the handgun and one with the muzzle loader. You do what you have to to keep hunting. If you have the will there is a way. good luck to you.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by aspeelma
check out the TEN POINT cross bow. You can get the Accu-Draw system which cranks the string back. Good luck!