Community
Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

Crossbow

Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Spike

Default Crossbow

Hey everyone,

I've heard that crossbows are a good bowhunting alternative for people with disabilities. I'm in a wheelchair but have plenty use of my arms. Whenever I see a crossbow used on tv, they have to hold it down with their foot to pull it back. Is there any way for a person in a wheelchair to independently pull back a crossbow?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

Wheeledhuntertex, there are many options out there for you. I have an Excalibur crossbow and had an accudraw installed on it so that I can **** the bow with the help of a small cordless drill or a hand crank that comes with the accudraw. You can also use a device called a Crankaroo made by excalibur that you simply attach to the butt stock with a brass bolt ( finger tighten ) and then crank it back. You then remove the crankaroo, put it in your pack and your ready to shoot!!!! You are welcome to email me and I'd be happy to send you some photos of my bow as well as some links that will help you. [email protected]

God Bless,

Ray
Old 04-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wheeledhuntertx
Hey everyone,

I've heard that crossbows are a good bowhunting alternative for people with disabilities. I'm in a wheelchair but have plenty use of my arms. Whenever I see a crossbow used on tv, they have to hold it down with their foot to pull it back. Is there any way for a person in a wheelchair to independently pull back a crossbow?

Thanks
Ten Point crossbows can come with the accudraw. This is a crank device right on the crossbow, which is very easy to use. I have one and they are awesome.