Disabled Hunters How-to's, adapted equipment, methods, disabled hunting laws, managed hunts, and more!

...give it up

Old 12-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Spike

Default ...give it up

Friends -

The season of giving is upon us. Should you need a jumpstart to get into the holiday spirit, consider this. Send one extra Christmas card to the address shown address. Express within its contents your appreciation of the sacrifices made on our behalf by American service men and women. Encourage people you know personally and through email conversations to do the same. Nothing terrible will happen if you choose not to pass this on. However, something wonderful may happen if you do choose to act on this.....

A very merry holiday,
Rob

A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

Old 12-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ...give it up

Rob its agreat idea, but they will never get there

http://www.snopes.com/politics/chris...ldiercards.asp
Old 12-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Spike

An alternative to….give it up

Friends –
After posting "…give it up," I received the following message so please cease this effort.

It is a good idea, but it won't work because it won't be delivered.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22114832/

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. What I thought was a beautiful, non-commercial gesture of patriotism turned out to be a hoax. I regret that the person who thought this was funny might also reside in this country.
I do propose an alternative plan. Many of you have relatives and friends serving with the American military forces abroad. They can not make it home for Christmas but perhaps a little of home can reach them. If you think they would like to see a show of support for what they are doing then list their name on this board as a new post.

EXAMPLE:
Holiday messages for my son, PFC John Doe.
Any of us who might so choose may write a brief statement to them closing with our usernames. With a little foresight, we might compose a message which may be used should more than one name is submitted.

EXAMPLE
: I understand you are serving with American forces and probably will not be able to come home for the holidays. Please know that this and the other sacrifices you have made on my behalf by serving our country are appreciated in more ways that can be expressed here. I am not the only American citizen who has a sense of pride for what you are doing. My wish for you this season is a safe tour of duty and a prompt return to the people for whom you care.
After a week, the person who posted their name can print out the responses and send it by mail or email to his or her family member or friend. The only thing we will see is the heroes’ name and rank. His venue of duty and everything else could remain confidential.

Can you imagine the impact if this catches on?
Rob
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

It is indeed very sad that there are scams out there!

BUT here is a link that is legit and there are cards that are Christmas oriented.

http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html

It's from Xerox and it is called "Lets Give Thanks!"

Only takes a minute and no doubt makes a difference to all our great service men and women!

Merry Christmasand God Bless!

~~