Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) All posts regarding the Rifle Deer Hunting Contest 2004 go into this Forum.

The Scoring Conundrum Begins.....

Old 11-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default The Scoring Conundrum Begins.....

Between the moderators that have been keeping track of this contest from the beginning what we hoped would not happen....is happening, (via emails ] the contesting of what scores people are putting out there has unfortunately begun..... .
I know well how to green score a buck and most people are being honest, infact I insist that some go back and rescore as methinks you may have underscored by a tad....and only a tad. Just by my observation of pics and scores posted is all I am going on at this time.

DH56 and I have discussed this somewhat prior to my posting...however to keep our "qualms" about the honor system from being realized and to keep things fair for gun bucks taken this is the link you need to use for your scoring:

http://www.boone-crockett.org/scorec...pwhitetail.asp

After scoring then you need to also post your inchs, diameters as per the Boone & Crockett.org site that is the only fair way.....being as if I get the 10 pt that I have been watching and "think" he may go 130 perhaps...he may go less or more depending on "my" measuring tape.

The designated Bow hunters may use the Pope & Young site posted in the bow hunting forum, or in the earlier rule thread here.

Keep in mind folks, this is just for fun, yet a learning tool to boot ...... we are not trying to make it difficult, heck, you may if you do not already know ....learn something about green scoring your deer.
Which will be a plus and bring satisfaction and maybe even stop a shot while you wait for the "big one" to come in......

Thanks to all for your understanding and cooperation as it is very much appreciated. Good Luck to All....

Be Safe and Happy Hunting!! Most of all please enjoy your time out in the woods, regardless of what you harvest/kill..... It is not what you harvest....it is afterall in reality.. What You Learn....each and every time out that counts!!

Old 11-17-2004, 06:43 AM

Default RE: The Scoring Conundrum Begins.....

look at the rules you posted to use gross scoring with no deductions
Old 11-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it does state so. I think since we are using green scores as it is no deductions should be taken due to some of the confusion and complication of it. Also one of the mods....could you please clean up the score card thread??? Another thing this contest is for fun and pictures can be very deceiving, I DO NOT see any reason to contest scores on here, or to degrade or even question somebody, IMO everyone on here wants to have fun with this and ARE being totally honest. Just my 2 cents!
Old 11-18-2004, 06:08 PM

ok, you guys have me messed up now,,,,, Tell me if im doing this right... i plan on killing a buck, then measuring it, then posting score on here with tag and gun and me in pic, thats all, am i doing it right?
Old 11-18-2004, 07:15 PM

I dont have a problem with the scoring but some are complaining that there is no weapon or tag in the pics, what are we gonna do with that?
Old 11-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trophyhuntr, You are right....sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread....my 65 lb 5mnth old dogo pup smuggled a bowel of soup and spilled it on the keyboard![&:] Back in business now though.

No deductions.....Just make sure that the hunter, weapon, tag and a green score without deductions is posted.

I have to agree that people should be taken on their honor.....as this is really just for fun. Lets not make it petty, or start to argue and split hairs. Please just be honest and lets have fun people!!

Unless something is obviously amiss....or grossly exagerated I see no need to be concerned. What do you folks think???
Old 11-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

I am a guilty party [&o] No gun in the photo. Posted a second picture to confirm the tag.

Count me in or count me out . No worries. All for fun. Just curious to see where the teams end up. If mines not added I'm pretty good with math and can add it on for my own personal final results.

Still seems to be a lot left to post? Must have more than the few posted so far?

I agree with cleaning up that scorecard thread. I got all excited to see more pics and scores when I saw the number of posts added. Just a whole bunch of chit chat goin' on in there.

Cheers everyone.