Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun)
 Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread >

Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) All posts regarding the Rifle Deer Hunting Contest 2004 go into this Forum.

Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Hey Guys,

No luck this weekend. I passed on a couple of small bucks. I did get a glimpse of a big shooter 10 point, too far away to shoot. I will be hunting him hard next week on the same property. Good luck to everyone.

Mike
Old 11-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Just wanted to check in for the bow only category for our team. Saw a nice buck the other day but no shot yet. They are beggining their rut here in S GA so hopefully the next 2 weeks will produce something.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

dvdegeorge,

That's one nice looking buck you got there!! Congratulations! I'm glad to see your having a successful season so far. I've had a few opportunities at some decent bucks, but I've been holding out for something a little bigger. I should probably go ahead and take a buck, but we're trying to manage our lease so we'll have some real dandy's roaming around in the next few years. It's hard to let a good buck walk, not knowing if your gonna get another chance at something bigger later on in the season. But hey, that's part of managing your deer herd and the benefit down the road will be well worth it. I hope everybody else is having a successful season so far and good luck from here on out.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:31 PM

hey guys i might be getting my first pse nova bow from a friend so if i get it can i be a bowhunter for our team just like ar hunter im goin hunting with derhuntress 56 on her farm and she said theres a 6 point i might get so i migfht be posting soon lol
Old 11-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

Keep at it guys,we need a few more bucks!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jimmy S here....no luck yet. Still have time these next few weekends hoping to punch my tag on a NH buck.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

It's close now NY opener is Mon.Everything is set and ready to go,now all I have do do is wait for the "Big One" to come by my stand!Good Luck everyone
Old 11-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys, No luck yet. I am hitting it hard and spending a bunch of time in the woods. I also have a late season BP hunt in Pike Co. Illinois. I am holding out for a bruiser here in VA for that reason. Good luck and Be Safe. The Wisconsin thing can happen anywhere.

Mike
Old 11-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took this buck Sunday morning here in Northeast Oklahoma. He was chasin a doe and gave me a shot at about 50 yards out. he's not the biggest buck I've seen this year, but with limited time to rifle hunt I couldn't pass him up. I also just figured out that I forgot to put my rifle in the picture and here in Oklahoma, if you have a lifetime license, you don't have a deer tag. If these rules disqualify my buck, I'm terribly sorry. I just didn't think about those things at the time. Anyway, here he is.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Typical Buck

Congradulations JohnDeerI have been having a rough time here for Ny's gun season.Saw about 15 doe opening AM and then nothing since,until last Pm,hit a new area and saw a small doe and had her bed 20 yards from my stand.Then just before last light I worked my way down to the edge of the green field because I thought I saw a deer there from my stand.I no sooner got to the edge and there is a shooter buck running a doe!They run back into the high golden rod and a few seconds latter back out,I pull up on him and my scope is fogged and wet from the driving rain [:@]I dry it off and just as I get on him off they go again.I deceide to move closer but don't see them ,so I back off because the wind was bad,I wait along the edge in hopes they apear again.5 min. latter out he comes angeling away from me ,then he stops and faces me at about 100 yards,again dam scope wet and foggy,dry it of and get on him as best I can in the fading light and foggy scope,Boom I shoot,he buckles and starts running straight at me,favoring his left side,I can't get on him good and his passes 30 yards from me DAM SCOPE AND RAIN[:@][:'(]He runs straight into 7' goldenrod and I don't see him anymore.Now it is getting dark fast ,I did a scan for about 15 min and couldn't locate him,It seemed he was hit good I was expecting him to drop any second.I am getting ready to head back out to try to find him in the daylight,that golden rod is so thick and high I could have walk 5' from him and not seen him.I'm hopeing for the best,but the way my luck has been running I'm expecting the worst.I'll post back and let you know the out come.Good luck all and happy Thanksgiving

Quick Reply: Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.